UKC

Camera backpack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Hudson 05 Nov 2010
Can anyone recommend a camera backpack that can hold:
a DSLR with a 70-300mm lens
2 smaller lenses (18-55 & 55-200)
filters, battery, memory card
tripod attachment

also needs seperate compartment that can hold small flask, lunch, wallet phone.

Looking at
Lowepro flipside 400 Aw
Kata 3N1-30
Tamrac adventure 10 (not sure if this takes a tripod)

Anyone got any of the above or others they can recommend and any shops in west yorkshire with a decent range to look at
 ChrisJD 05 Nov 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson:

I've tried many and this is the one I now use:

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-lowepro-rover-aw-ii-grey/p10146

If you can still get it (not sure if newer model replaces it)

Lenses (you can get 3 or 4 in plus filters) in bottom half, with DSLR, lunch, flask in top half. The top half can even deal with 70-200 mounted on body. And it can carry a big tripod. Plus the top half allows quick access to camera.

The reviews say much the same.

DougG 05 Nov 2010
In reply to ChrisJD:

I've got one of those too. Good bit of kit.
EasyAndy 05 Nov 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson: i have a slingshot 200AW, would recommend it to anyone

regulalry holds (but its tight) large SLR with lens attached (dont normally keep a 70-300 on it but you can with a bit of careful configuration), 10-20, 50mm, large flash gun, 17-70mm, blower and other bits and pieces. you can fit a waterproof in the top pocket if needed, but not much more. i've left out on of the larger lenses before

it is also AMAZINGLY waterproof, the other day at the beach my camera bag got totally submerged by a freak wave just after i put it down and after diving in to get it (seriously) and running screaming up the beach i found that everything inside was bone dry, and only the seams in the corner had started to show some water getting through. was amazed

accessing your kit on the move is also very easy, it doesnt look much like a camera bag, which is a big plus
EasyAndy 05 Nov 2010
In reply to EasyAndy: sorry i meant to say i have left out one of the larger lenses before in favour of a 35mm slr body with a 50mm attached

only drawback being that carrying that much stuff for extended periods its not the most comfy bag in the world
 gingerwolf 05 Nov 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson: I used the Lowepro Primus AW
Fantastic bag, survived two months in kenya easily!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lowepro-Primus-AW-Back-Pack/dp/B000TWUR48

would definitely recommend
CJBar 05 Nov 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson: The bag I use holds 2 bodies 70-200, 50 18-70, 105 macro, tc 1.7 convertor, 10.5 fisheye, external flash, chargers, leads and laptop, tri-pod outside. Rather heavy when loaded but good to keep everything to gether whilst travelling.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=tamrac+expedition+7&tag...
OP Andy Hudson 05 Nov 2010
In reply to CJBar:
Nice but no room for my butties and flask by the looks of it, the Lowepro recommendations are looking favourite at the moment
CJBar 05 Nov 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson: Plenty of room if that's what you want? Although I've never felt the need to store food and drink in with my cameras.
OP Andy Hudson 05 Nov 2010
> (In reply to Andy Hudson) Plenty of room if that's what you want? Although I've never felt the need to store food and drink in with my cameras.

In reply to CJB
Sorry i meant in a separate compartment
 london_huddy 05 Nov 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson:

Dakine do two very good packs - I've got the old Sequence which is big enough for LOTS of stuff, the Mission is smaller.

http://www.dakine.com/snowboard/packs/photo/

Very good kit with plenty of room for non-photo gear (sarnies, drink, goretex etc)

mr rob 05 Nov 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson: I use a mac pac pursuit. Holds all my camera gear and i can use it climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...