/ buying Baby Carrier in the lakes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
monkey1 - on 29 Dec 2010
Hi all,

Escaping to the lakes over New Year and am poorly prepared for my one year old.
Need to grab a suitable warm all in one and a carrying back pack/carrier. Obviously just for a spot of walking!

Any ideas where I can make a quick stop for such items near Ambleside area or en route from the south?

Thanks in advance
Dave
Denni on 29 Dec 2010
In reply to monkey1:

Hi Dave,
I'd offer to let you borrow ours as we are in Canada next week but I reckon it's probably a bit too late in the day to send to you?

Best place to try I suppose if you want a second hand one is ebay locally or Gumtree. Brand new you're looking at about £200 for something like a Macpac (Cotswolds). We bought a littlelife 2nd hand like the one in the link below for £50 on ebay.

Been up the Ben, Snowdon, all round Europe and our daughter is only 10 months! Started using it when she was 6 months and she loves it.

http://birmingham.gumtree.com/birmingham/18/69717718.html

Maybe the guy in the ad still has his, that is a really good price and the same one we have. Might be a bit out of your way but well worth it. As far as all in one suits go, we bought 3 today for next week from Mothercare for about a tenner each. Daisy will look like a bear, but she won't know!

Anyway, hope this is of some use, Den

Stuart (aka brt) - on 29 Dec 2010
In reply to monkey1:

For what it's worth we're putting the young ones Christmas money towards a Vaude Jolly Comfort. They're anywhere between £100 to £140 depending on where you look. The Swing is a bit cheaper and has a mesh back.

monkey1 - on 29 Dec 2010
In reply to Denni:

Cheers Denni, much appreciated.
Your offer to lend me yours is extremely kind, but I'm afraid we're setting off from Nottingham early tomorrow, so that writes off a stop at Brum too.
If they're sold at the likes of Cotswold then that's good enough for me, even at 200quid (gulp!), I wasn't sure...
I reckon it should get plenty of use so I'll take the plunge. Have a good one in Canada and thanks again.
Dave

Denni on 29 Dec 2010
In reply to monkey1:

Definately worth the money in the long run. Our daughter is never out of it now and it's good up to about 4 years I think.

Gaynors in Ambleside have the S2 at a really good price:

http://www.gaynors.co.uk/productdetail.asp?productcatalogue=060701420008

Only thing I would recommend, is to buy the sun shade for summer, great bit of kit.

Have a good time mate, hope the little un enjoys the ride!
Den

ads.ukclimbing.com
monkey1 - on 29 Dec 2010
In reply to Denni:

Lovely stuff, that will do the trick!

Thanks again
Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.