UKC

Verdon guidebook anyone??or suggest best

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ianto9 02 Feb 2011
Has anyone got a decent guide for the verdon for sale or suggest the best to buy.
 metal arms 02 Feb 2011
In reply to ianto9:

You can pick up 'Escalade au Verdon' in the bar in La Palud. Thats the best one. IMHO.
 OllieR 02 Feb 2011
The Verdon section in the new Rockfax - France: Côte d'Azur is excellent.

http://www.rockfax.com/publications/books/item.php?id=176
OP ianto9 02 Feb 2011
thanks guys
In reply to ianto9:

The one you can buy in La Palud is the worst guidebook I've ever come across, not to mention the most expensive (though I was lucky, my partner bought the guide!). Admittedly I only ended up climbing for a couple of days until weathered off but it has mediocre topos, no route descriptions, at least 1 impenetrable approach diagram and some dodgy grading.

I ended up making more use of my 1980s cicerone guide! (I even saw a copy in the Cicerone bargain bucket at the outdoor show last month)
 sebrider 02 Feb 2011
In reply to ianto9: I bought the VERDON 2010 out of the wee climbing shop in Plaud. It is in both French and English, lots of photo topos, quite liked it. I think a portion of the sale goes to the bolt fund there...don't think this is the case with the rockfax guide...I'm not 100% sure on this though.
 Dave Reeve 03 Feb 2011
In reply to sebrider: We found the 2010 local guide (which contributes to the bolt fund) to be very useful as it has details on the single pitch crags around La Palud. Some of these were very good and make a useful alternative to climbing in the Gorge if you fancy a more easy or shorter day.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...