UKC

Evolve Optimus Primes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fire_munki 08 Mar 2011
I'm now climbing/bouldering a lot and my original shoes have stretched enough that I can wear them with socks in.
Now this is fine when outdoors so my feet stay warm-ish but not great when I'm pushing what is a hard grade for me.
Does any one has any reviews on the Evolve Optimus Primes as I've found them for a good price locally to me.
 UKB Shark 08 Mar 2011
In reply to fire_munki:

As you appreciate a snug fitting pair of boots is important for performance. Before fixating on a model it is better to find out which model fits your feet best by trying a few different types on. The Optimus Primes are a high performance type boot aimed at steep limestone and similar and not for everyone. I tested the 'Bandit' at one of the Evolv demos and it seemed a much better all round shoe which isnt as popular and can be bought cheapish too. They are bring out a velcro version soon I think.

I tend to buy Five tens. I have narrow feet and they tend to fit well.
 Quiddity 08 Mar 2011
In reply to shark:

The optimus prime is also quite a weird shape. If your middle toes are longer than your big toes and you want a downturned shoe, then they are probably a godsend. I found the OPs heinously uncomfortable when I tried them on.
OP fire_munki 08 Mar 2011
In reply to plexiglass_nick:
Do we know if they are good shoes, assuming they fit, though?
I guess in these days things are rarely "bad" just different.
banned profile 74 08 Mar 2011
In reply to fire_munki: worst heel of any boot I have ever worn!none of the evolve boots have good fitting heels for me so obviously they don't fit my heel.
I will repeat what I have repeated about 50 times this year-nobody can recomend a boot that will fit and be perfect for you,you have to try some on and see if they fit or not!
 Niels 08 Mar 2011
In reply to fire_munki:

Really good toe, really shit heel.
 Alex Thompson 09 Mar 2011
In reply to Niels: Work for me.
 Adam Lincoln 09 Mar 2011
In reply to Niels:
> (In reply to fire_munki)
>
> Really good toe, really shit heel.

I disagree. I find Brad Pit easiest when wearing Primes.

In reply to Niels:
> (In reply to fire_munki)
>
> Really good toe, really shit heel.

I disagree, its not the shoe's heel thats shite, its your heel that doesn't fit it. all the shoes are essentially identical, we humans are inherently all unique so what fits one man isn't going to fit another the same.

I think they are an excellent shoe for steep bouldering and sport climbing I wouldn't recommend them for cragging at stanage etc!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...