UKC

£3000, Beer, Curry, Slacklining and Even Climbing

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
premier post photo
To celebrate our first birthday, ROCK OVER CLIMBING will once again be hosting our

SUMMER ROC FEST 2011 ON SATURDAY 4TH JUNE

The Summer ROC Fest is a massive climbing event centered around an open bouldering competition with a £3000 prize fund, which is aimed at absolutely everyone from complete beginners to the British Team!

Throughout the day, there will be a host of other activities and prizes including:

• Male & Female cash prize problem.
• Separate routes and categories for beginners and juniors
• 7th - 12th place climb off for open comp
• Team prizes (scores will only count if the team is in better fancy dress than the boss!)
• Slackline competition and prizes
• Raffles
• Curry
• Beers at Club Rock Over!
• And much, much more!!!!

After the days competition we will be dancing the night, away at club 'Rock Over', 45 Julia Street, Strangeways!

There are limited spaces for the competition, so you must register in advance by either phone 0161 288 1218 or email info@rockoverclimbing.com

Entry will cost just your normal entry, please note that climbing passes don't count on ROC fest days.

On the day the doors, will open at 11:00 with climbing starting at 12:00, we will be setting 50 problems for the qualifiers, with each category competing on 30 problems, this way the juniors and beginners will have more routes to climb whilst the adult open categories will still be challenged with a full grade range, the idea behind this is that everyone has more stuff to climb and has much more fun!

This year we are creating even more categories than before by splitting the juniors and adding a beginners category, the categories will be as follows:

Male & Female Open (16+)
Male & Female Veteran (40+)
Male & Female Junior A (6 – 10)
Male & Female Junior B (11 – 15)
Male & Female Beginner
Team (4 climbers, must be mixed, cross dressing does not count but will make us laugh and will probably win you a spot prize!)

After the qualifiers we will be holding a 7th – 12th place playoff for those climbers who didn’t quite make the final, this will consist of one attempt at one route against the clock.

The finals will start at 17:00 and will take the top 6 competitors from the Adult Open categories, they will compete on a set of super hard boulder problems in front of the crowd, the finals are always a fantastic opportunity to watch the very best climbers in Britain, and the best part is that you can watch this and cheers them on whilst having a few beers!!

This will be a fantastic day out, regardless of your age or ability, our aim is to make it as inclusive to absolutely everyone as we can, and remember, it’s our BIRTHDAY PARTY!!

http://www.rockoverclimbing.co.uk/news/summer-rockfest-2011/

http://www.rockoverclimbing.co.uk/gallery/autumn-roc-fest/

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.445899147085.228957.2551257520...

Call us on 0161 288 1218 or email on info@rockoverclimbing.com for more info etc....

Kind regards,

Rock Over Climbing
45 Julia Street
Strangeways
M3 1LN
info@rockoverclimbing.com
http://www.rockoverclimbing.com

Chris Ellyatt 02 May 2011
In reply to Rock Over Climbing:

I take it this is being held at your wall in Manchester then?

Chris
 maybe_si 02 May 2011
In reply to Chris Ellyatt:

Correct, 45 Julia St, Manchester, M3 1LN
 Jim Burton 06 May 2011
In reply to maybe_si:
Anything an old git can climb at your place?
In reply to Jim Burton: Absolutely and no one is an old git! We have loads of routes and we aim to cater for eberyone and allow everyone the same amount of climbing as everyone else. From the lirttle ones aged 3, to beginners, regular climbers, right through to the British team. we have a good contingent of those classing themsleves as old, but then just burn everyone else off! I would say the oldest I have seen is late 60's / 70's and the youngest cranking on the main walls 2 1/2!

please come down and let us show you around, ask for either Simon, Paul, Ryan, Big Tom or Little Tom and they will show you all the routes and centre, and help you get the most out of a session.

maybe_si 06 May 2011
In reply to Jim Burton:

Haha! Jim, you're not an old git, your still cranking hard! You should pop down and check it out, in fact, come to our comp and you can win the male vets category, Keefe and Hank have been down a fair bit.

Dan keeps telling me you are getting out and about loads, we should go for a climb some time soon!
 Jim Burton 06 May 2011
In reply to maybe_si:

So you think I can only win at vet level!!!!! Good job I'm at Plas y B on 4th June else we'd see about that .. and another thing, my dads bigger than your dad and he's a policeman en all. (must stop looking at these things after the pub). Yeh lots going on at the moment and big Verdon + Ceuse plans shortly but after mid July we will go kill some crag together. Cheers Jim
 OliBangbala 07 May 2011
In reply to Rock Over Climbing: Can i ask, what constitutes a beginner? I would get burned in the open i'm sure, but worried that the beginners will be really easy
In reply to OliBangbala: The beginners range from V0-V4/5 ish, if you get all these you can then crack onto the rest of the open comp.

The majority will be in the V0-V3/4 range and last few will be in the V4/5 range.

does this help, don't forget you can get your teeth stuck into the slackline as well.
 OliBangbala 08 May 2011
In reply to Rock Over Climbing: Nice one, may have to give it a bash!
In reply to OliBangbala:

Yeah reacon you will have a blast, filling up pretty quick, so suggest you just call the guys at the centre on 0161 2881218 to confirm registration. But you only pay on day and it is just normal entry.

Hopefully see you then

Tom
 maybe_si 11 May 2011

We just took delivery of a large amount of plywood..... so close to a big competition...... hmmm...... I wonder what we could be up to.......
 David55 14 May 2011
In reply to Rock Over Climbing: Iain and I would love to come, but are going to Germany to climb a mountain with the unlikely name of Wank (in German it has no particular meaning)

Hope the session goes well, we will be back.
In reply to David55: Good luck in Germany. See you when you get back.
 maybe_si 16 May 2011

Sponsors so far include:

Helly Hansen
Cotswold Outdoor
Boreal
Beastmaker
Frog and Bucket
Bookers
Axfords

Competition places are rapidly filling up, dont forget to reserve your place by calling us on 0161 288 1218 or email info@rockovercliming.com
 OliBangbala 16 May 2011
In reply to David55: Wow.. you are actually going to climb a massive wank.. that is a claim to fame if ever i heard one
 tom290483 18 May 2011
In reply to maybe_si:
> (In reply to Rock Over Climbing)
>
> We just took delivery of a large amount of plywood..... so close to a big competition...... hmmm...... I wonder what we could be up to.......

decking for the outside bar?

maybe_si 18 May 2011
In reply to tom290483:

Nope, the bar is upstairs!

It could be comp wall related........
 maybe_si 19 May 2011

We will be closed on Friday 3rd June in preparation for Saturdays party
 maybe_si 20 May 2011

We have just confirmed a live covers band and a shed load of beer for the evening party at the centre and a dj for the competition during the daytime, we are now taking any requests for tunes to get you psyched for cranking hard!!
In reply to maybe_si: Get Down by Timo Mass should blowe the roof off!!!! Make sure you chcuk all your requests in so we can avoid Simon's Power Ballads!!!!
 andi turner 01 Jun 2011
In reply to maybe_si:
> (In reply to Rock Over Climbing)
>
> We just took delivery of a large amount of plywood..... so close to a big competition...... hmmm...... I wonder what we could be up to.......

Ooooh, I hope it's a massive offwidth

JimboWizbo 01 Jun 2011
In reply to Rock Over Climbing: We entered the beginners, have been climbing a year, bouldering up to V5, hope that's about right!
 maybe_si 02 Jun 2011
In reply to andi turner:

hmmm a massive off width eh? you will have to wait and see!
 J B Oughton 05 Jun 2011

Hi, I was in the competition but had to leave before the results were announced, so I don't know how I did. Will the results be posted on your website?

Was a great comp though, problems were all brilliant and there was a really nice (and not very competitive) atmosphere
 JimboWizbo 06 Jun 2011

I recorded some videos and cut them together here:

youtube.com/watch?v=hOSzZoPCu00&

Sorry for the poor quality, I was recording using a mobile phone!

Great competition, thanks guys.
 JimboWizbo 06 Jun 2011
In reply to maverick slacklines: Wait, what?
ms changed 06 Jun 2011
sorry, my mistake... i see your video now.
Looks like you had a great event!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...