UKC

Recommend me a rugged 20-30 litre, do-it-all rucsac.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Taba 17 May 2011
I have a POD thin ice, which I love, the construction and style of but is bigger than I need 70-80 percent of the time. Also I don't want to trash it just cragging on a regular basis etc, would rather save it for proper mountain adventures.

So I need something smaller, preferably very minimalist but functional, very durable (or very cheap). 20-30 litres, just big enough for rack, rope (on outside), a litre of water, waterproof, extra insulation and lunch.

I would mostly use it for single pitch cragging but would have to be light enough to use as a multi-pitch uk and alpine rock pack.

Like the look of the POD granite 25 but might prefer a bag with a top pocket for keys, phone etc when cragging. Anyone used this, or got anything else to recommend?
 Mr Fuller 17 May 2011
In reply to Taba: I've got a POD Granite 16 and really like it. It's a lot more durable than it looks and is super light. I use it all the time. I spoke to the designers at POD about it and they were pleased I liked it, but they said the '25 is better'. I'd call that a recommendation from me as well then.
 Niall 17 May 2011
In reply to Taba:

Alpkit Gourdon 30? As basic as it gets.
OP Taba 17 May 2011
In reply to Mr Fuller:

Cool, I really like the look of it and totally trust POD. Thanks

Niall: can you strap a rope to the outside of it? also I think they are out of stock...
 mattrm 17 May 2011
In reply to Taba:

I saw a Granit in a shop in North Wales at the weekend, so they're definitely in stock somewhere.

If you want super cheap, then the Alpkit Gourdon 30 will do the job. I have a 20l one that I use for multi-pitch. I'm also planning on using it in the alps, it looks like everything will fit.
 George Fisher 17 May 2011
In reply to Taba:

Auguille Alpine Cirrus 33, love mine. Made in't UK.
 Toerag 18 May 2011
In reply to Taba: Karrimor Hot Rock 30? Mine's wearing well despite some abuse.
 goldmember 18 May 2011
In reply to Taba: berghaus freeflow 25
 Niall 18 May 2011
In reply to Taba:
> (In reply to Mr Fuller)

> Niall: can you strap a rope to the outside of it? also I think they are out of stock...

Nope, it's ultraminimalist but you could stuff it inside. Very light and surprisingly comfy bag.
 Bob Kemp 18 May 2011
In reply to Niall:
Does this have a waist strap? I can't tell from the pics on their website.
 Niall 18 May 2011
In reply to Bob Kemp:

Narrow waist strap, but it doesn't cut in to you, and a chest strap as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...