UKC

We're off to North Wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Leo Woodfelder 06 Jun 2011
We're off to North wales for 5 days of climbing. We're going to be based Erics(Tremadog) moving around based on weather! Anyone got any good recommendations for classic routes up to e1?

Or if anyone is else is doing anything similar we are always up for getting out with more people so let us know!
 Ianwesterby 06 Jun 2011
In reply to leroybrown:

Anyone up for doing a dream of white horses on one of the days? We couldn't find the start last time we were at Gogarth, it was lucky we didn't as it chucked it down just as we decided to give up.
In reply to leroybrown: I am surprised no one has chipped in their two peneth about classics in North Wales yet!

Ian, I'm well up for doing a dream. Last time was ridiculous, limited time and being unable to find the path to the abseil! Although, in hindsight it was well lucky with the sideways rain that came in! We need to get it done this time!

Anyone up for it over the next week?
EricaB 06 Jun 2011
In reply to leroybrown:
Another one ! You're going to all the expense and trouble of going to North Wales and you don't know what to climb ?
Once upon a time people used to buy guidebooks and get an idea of what's what. At the very least you could follow the stars.
 Andy Mountains 06 Jun 2011
In reply to leroybrown:

You have to do Christmas Curry whilst you are staying right at the base of it!
 jimjimjim 06 Jun 2011
In reply to EricaB: Agreed! These threads make me laugh, I have so many routes on my list I never need to ask for climbs. Wall bred? Ill give the op some ideas anyhow. Cemetery gates ,cenotaph corner, the groves....that's all you're getting.
EricaB 06 Jun 2011
In reply to jimjimjim:
'the groves'...that's a new one ?
 jimjimjim 06 Jun 2011
In reply to EricaB: yeah...i put it up....it an eliminate of the grooves....I've eliminated an o.
In reply to EricaB: Got plenty of guidebooks thankyou, sometimes it's just nice to hear about other peoples experiences! If anyone were to ask me about routes of a particular area that I knew well I would relish the opportunity to share some tales of awesome routes, epic adventures and shameful defeats!

Following the stars is one way, but I am more trusting of peoples experiences than I am of guidebooks!

In reply to Andy Mountains: Christmas curry is prob gona be the first route when we get there! Had a look at that in the book last night! Looks like a top route! Cenotaph corner as been on my wish list for a while, I've heard the pro is decent when it matters and that it is quite a strenous route! Lets hope I am fit enough for it!
 Bulls Crack 06 Jun 2011
In reply to leroybrown:

>
> Following the stars is one way, but I am more trusting of peoples experiences than I am of guidebooks!

Hmm I'm not so sure about that: eg people telling you Cenotaph Corner isn't any good or that everything on grit is great
 James Oswald 06 Jun 2011
In reply to leroybrown:
Merlin Direct at Tremadog is awesome. Steep and thuggy with some delicate parts and an awesome rockover.
Looning the Tube is pretty cool.
There are many more that I can't remember the names of even though I did them at the weekend....
In reply to leroybrown: There's plenty at Tremadog to keep you busy for the stay; if you're looking to tick an E1 don't miss The Plum, which is a fine trip, and you might try The Fang at HVS. Elsewhere, some fine routes that I've not noticed mentioned on the site for a bit include Soapgut and East Wall Girdle in Ogwen, The Mole and Dives/Better Things in the Pass, Oxine in whatever that valley's called, two Kirkus climbs, one in the Moelwyns and the other in Cwm Silyn and if you want a mountain route that you'll probably have to yourself, try Horned Crag on Lliwedd.

Enjoy...

T.
 David Hooper 06 Jun 2011
In reply to leroybrown: if xmas curry is on your list - make sure you do the micah eliminate finish - far superior to the others.

slightly esoteric classics in the general area that shouldnt have queues are hyll drem girdle, oxine(?)think thats the correct combo - crcaking steep top pitch. Gallop Step. Loads of good stuff in moelwyns but particularly asahel by eagle finish
 stonemaster 06 Jun 2011
In reply to leroybrown: Don't forget Lockwood's Chimney at night...
 Anoetic 06 Jun 2011
In reply to leroybrown: Hi, its worth 1 day on the slate at Dinorwig if you've never been there before

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...