UKC

Scarpa Instinct lace - how much do they stretch?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ksjs 24 Jun 2011
Really like these, just wondering about sizing. 43.5 fits perfect or a touch too tight if I wear for about 10 minutes or longer (they're for bouldering / sport so won't need to wear too long at any one time). Think I might go with these as I'm assuming a bit of give / softening but not much more.

Anybody any particular views on whether these stretch more significantly than I'm suggesting, how's your fit now versus when new?

More generally how have they been in use?

Cheers.
willriseley 24 Jun 2011
In reply to ksjs: get the slippers, use them for bouldering, size 40 in these and a street shoe size 8 so not a lot smaller, super tight, comfy and even work for heel hooks
 al123 24 Jun 2011
In reply to ksjs: stretch abit but only around the fabric bits which makes them more comfy but they are still awesome performance. my favourite shoe.
OP ksjs 25 Jun 2011
In reply to willriseley: Yes, but did they stretch for you?

By the way, I haven't tried the slipper but the lace just feels so good, can't see slipper being much better. Plus, if there is some stretch I can lace a bit more tightly while I can't do that with a slipper.
OP ksjs 25 Jun 2011
In reply to al123: Cheers.
 efrance24234 25 Jun 2011
In reply to ksjs: i got my normal street size and at first they were really tight but they strech about half a size and now they are the best fitting shoe i have ever had! And the best shoe i have ever had!
 Mi|es 02 Jul 2011
In reply to ksjs: I'm a bit late but oh well. I bought the instinct lace up (in size 6, street size ~8.5). At the start they were VERY tight but after wearing them for maybe 7 sessions they've become alot more comfortable. That said, I still have to take them off between routes and they're still not great when you're on a route for ages but it's probably inadvisable to go down so many sizes as i did unless you purely use them for bouldering :P

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...