UKC

Alpkitkit 20 litre Gourdon. Any good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ian_Whitfield 03 Jul 2011
Evening all.

I'm looking for a cheap sack for some multipitch sport climbs on the continent and wondered if the Alpkit Gourdon 20 litre was any good. Money is most definately an object. I only need room to fit trainers, water, food and an elastoplast and some witch hazel(my medical kit) Does anyone have any opinions? cheers.

Ian
 Dan Lane 03 Jul 2011
In reply to Ian_Whitfield:

I've had the 25 for a couple of years, thoroughly battered and thrown around and it's still going strong, i fully recommend it.
 DaveHK 03 Jul 2011

How can you go wrong for 20quid?

I've had mine for a few months and used it for biking and skiing.

Why pay more?
OP Ian_Whitfield 04 Jul 2011
Thanks gents. I think I'll be giving Alpkit a ring later.
 Alan100 04 Jul 2011

i'd recommend getting the stealth one - mine started to split where the plastic 'window' is glued to the bag. I've had it a few years tho and been very pleased with it for multipitching. Going to get another one once the gaffer tape fix gives up...
 mlmatt 04 Jul 2011

I've been using one for a few years from the same thing but with more trad routes in mind. Sadly the little sack just gets abused over and over from hauling, dragging, packing with too much gear and general wear and tear...

...and it is still going strong! I'd definatly recommend it as for the price you can hardly argue for the product you get!
 Monk 04 Jul 2011
In reply to Alan100:

The 20 doesn't have a window, so not a problem.

To Ian_Whitfield:

I've got a Gourdon 20, and it's a great little sack. It'll be perfect for multipitching with water and trainers - I've used mine for winter hillwalking days with no trouble.
 emma7027 04 Jul 2011

I've had one for a couple of months and find it really good for walking but have used it on runs a couple of times and found that the shoulder straps rub a little bit. Appart from that I can't fault it.
 Mike Peacock 04 Jul 2011
In reply to Ian_Whitfield: I bought one to use mainly for gorge scrambling and think it's a great bag, especially considering how little they cost.
 Denzil 04 Jul 2011
In reply to Ian_Whitfield: I've been using one of the stealth versions for a few years - for my 64mile round trip motorbike commute. I've managed to rip one shoulder strap off the base, but repair was easy enough. However foul the weather I know it's never going to leak. When/if I do eventually wear it out I'll have no worries about buying another. They are brilliant.
 Scarab9 04 Jul 2011

just got one. excellent. get it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...