UKC

DMM Classic or courier rope bag?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bobtheclimber 03 Aug 2011
I need to buy a rope bag and after reading the UKC reviews im not sure which to go for.

Field and trek are selling them both for £24 this is a big saving on the usual £40-50 price tag on the courier bag.

any past experience of these bags guys? any recommendations.

cheers
 stonemaster 03 Aug 2011
In reply to whatalegend123: One finds the courier styl bags fashionable but lacking in ergonomic comfort. The Classic is just like a ruck sack and is easier to carry if the crag is further than roadside. Hope this helps. Good luck.
 Eagle River 03 Aug 2011
In reply to stonemaster:

The rucksack ones are fine if you can fit the rest of your gear in for the day, otherwise you'll have a separate rucksack and carrying two is a pain in the arse. I've got a rucksack style ropebag and wish I had an over-the-shoulder one instead.
OP bobtheclimber 03 Aug 2011
In reply to whatalegend123: its for when im off to thailand so im going to have another rucksack anyway about 65L so this is going to fit inside that and when i go climibng i will take it alone
 simon.roberts 03 Aug 2011
In reply to whatalegend123: I the DMM Classic and i fit all my gear init, full rack and a 40mtr rope + harness and chalk. it has a long centre strap too so can be slung across the shoulder if tou wish. £24 cant go wrong. i bought from field and trek.
In reply to whatalegend123: I have the DMM rucksack style one which is OK for carrying gear to the crag but not very good when moving about at the crag as your stuff falls out. I also have a BD fold up, over the shoulder bag which is great for just carrying the rope at the base of the crag but needs another rucksack for the rest of the gear so you end up on the approach with two bags. The perfect bag would combine the best of these features i.e. rucksack style but separate/integral/detachable rope bag. I haven't found it yet although someone on a previous thread suggested the Sportiva one does just this but I haven't had a chance to get a look at one up to now.

Al
 jkarran 03 Aug 2011
In reply to whatalegend123:

IKEA

somelowercaseletters
OP bobtheclimber 03 Aug 2011
In reply to whatalegend123: ended up ordering the courier as recommend by another friend might double up as a uni bag next yea

thanks for your input though guys
 SCC 03 Aug 2011
In reply to jkarran:
> (In reply to whatalegend123)
>
> IKEA
>
> somelowercaseletters

Why do people insist on recommending the ikea bags when people ask about a rope bag that they want to use for cragging?
Great for climbing walls.
Rubbish for actually carrying anything any further than from your car to the wall.

Seems to be some sort of inverse snobbery thing going on.

Si

jkarran 03 Aug 2011
In reply to SCC:

It just seems well suited to the application which if I've understood correctly is carrying rope along a beach and keeping it out of the sand.
 Paul Kinnaird 03 Aug 2011
In reply to whatalegend123: I have one of the DMM courier bags and it hasnt lasted too well. Plenty space for gear but if you load it up tie up the loose ends of the shoulder strap so it doesn't adjust on its own.
OP bobtheclimber 05 Aug 2011
In reply to whatalegend123: i ordered a bloody courier and they send me a classic but stuck stickers which read courier on it like im an idiot,livid
 harryjan 05 Aug 2011
In reply to whatalegend123: Where did you order from?
OP bobtheclimber 05 Aug 2011
In reply to harryjan:

field and trek,and they dont have any more in stock to replace,convient they ran out of stock and labelled my falsely

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/img0199g.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/img0201ivh.jpg/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...