UKC

Mountain leader Training September 3rd Swap courses?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Danny_boulders 27 Aug 2011
Hello all

I am doing this on behalf of a friend who is in a bad place right now.

He has booked himself onto a Mountain Leader Training course at Plas - y - Brenin on the 3rd september. However due to un for seen events he can no longer do the course.

He has spoken to plas-y-brenin and they have told him he has to pay them full amount of the course fee £500 near enough.

So basically i am wondering if anyone on here can help the man out by swapping your course training dates for his, or even if you wanted a course soon, you could come to some arrangement for deducted payment.

Please do let me know if anyone has come across this before, and if you can help that would be great.

Thanks to all who read or comment on this.

Danny
In reply to Danny_boulders: Assuming your friend cannot do anything about this, I'd say PYB are a bit out of order. It isn't like they provide a better quality of teaching or anything for their high prices, as a number of PYB staff also provide courses elsewhere.

Whatever happens good luck to your friend.
 Rory Shaw 28 Aug 2011
In reply to airbournegrapefruit: I don't think it is out of order. People have to make a living. Pulling out a week before the course starts means they are unlikely to fill the place. You can buy insurance when you book the course to cover you if something like this occurs. I hope your friend is OK.
Rory

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...