UKC

Significantly different resoling costs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 davis.pete 12 Sep 2011
The price of resoling and rand patching a pair of Five Tens varies significantly between Feet First (£47 excl. P&P), Lancashire Sport Repairs (£36 excl. P&P) and Cheshire Shoe Repairs (£30 excl. P&P). Can anyone shed any light on why there is such a difference, and is it reflected in the quality of the repair?
 mlmatt 12 Sep 2011
In reply to davis.pete:

no idea about the difference I'm afraid but I've had a pair of rock boots resoled by cheshire shoe repairs and it was an excellent deal. Around £35 overall (including postage) but they replaced the toe box as part of that price (feet first you need to pay an extra £10 I think, on top of normal resole costs).

I'd go with cheshire shoes repairs if I were you.
 jshields 12 Sep 2011
In reply to davis.pete: I Have always been happy with Feet First, no issues with the service or quality.
I have just had 2 pairs done by them and nearly choked at the price. At £47 each it becomes questionable whether I bother in future, might as well get a new pair.
I would certainly try one of the cheaper options next time.
Jon
OP davis.pete 12 Sep 2011
Hmmmmm - Cheshire Shoes it is then!
 BigHairyIan 18 Sep 2011
In reply to davis.pete: cheshire shoes is brilliant!
 mattrm 18 Sep 2011
In reply to davis.pete:

Cheshire shoes ++ I've had shoes resoled there and as long as you accept that they will be different after a resole, then I was very happy with my resole.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...