UKC

PRODUCT NEWS: WITH VIDEO: New DMM Axe Range

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 03 Feb 2012
The new DMM Axes at ISPO 2012, 5 kbAt ISPO 2012, DMM unveiled a stack of new gear they've been toiling over in their Llanberis factory, including the tools that have been causing the hype in the forums - the range of axes due next winter.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=4412
 JHammond 03 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

Is the Demon a replacement for the 4CU or a new range to go between that and the Dragon? They obviously feel they need to offer people a direct competitor to the Friend.

Also, with the fairly aggressive shape of the Apex there now seems to be a gap between that and the Fly for an "all-rounder" tool? A gap that perhaps the Rebel previously filled?

Like the look of the axes a lot though!
andy kirkpatrick 04 Feb 2012
Is that the end of the Rebel?
 Hannes 04 Feb 2012
In reply to andy kirkpatrick:
> Is that the end of the Rebel?

One could hope at least
 RKernan 04 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:
Surely the Cirque hammer is a bit pointless?
playmobile 05 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

No the cirque hammer is not pointless, actually a very good idea, for the obvious reasons your not aware off.
 Hannes 05 Feb 2012
In reply to playmobile:
> No the cirque hammer is not pointless, actually a very good idea, for the obvious reasons your not aware off.

And the Swedish judge gives a score of 2/10 for this trolling attempt.

With a bit of work with a file the cirque is actually not that bad for climbing ice. A friend of mine climbed idwal stream with a dual cirque set up last year and was quite happy with them. Given the weight of the raptor it makes sense to me at least.
 creag 05 Feb 2012
In reply to Hannes: Petzl anyone!!??
 Merlin 06 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

About time DMM got a grip of their winter gear. They do look very Petzl, but I'll eat my ice screws if they're as good.

But on the bright side we will finally see an end to the old Fly loving plunge fanatics.
ice.solo 06 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

yeah yeah ice tools and cams...

im into the little terrier thing. a sweet little ice hook that finally fills a gap between bulldogs/spectres and a beak. nice one.
 Paul Crusher R 06 Feb 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: Maybe its just me but i think they look shit hot.. defo a step up to the plate! And, I think all axes should have pink handles...
 JoshOvki 06 Feb 2012
In reply to RKernan:

I should hope it is pointless! I would be incredibly difficult to hammer anything if it had a point on it.
 RKernan 09 Feb 2012
In reply to playmobile:
Fair enough. In my experience it just didn't feel nice on ice, but then again I'm no fan of the (current) Fly either. I don't understand why someone would choose a pair of cirques over say the Matrix lite.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...