UKC

Climb X Harness, Screwgate and belay Plate £39

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nick_Scots 03 Apr 2012
Nice wee HMS screwgate, purple, nice gate action, harness, chalk bag and ATC type belay at Go outdoors, this week only. Got mine y'day.
andic 03 Apr 2012
In reply to Scott_vzr:

I went down to our go-outdoors on friday and got the double x boulder mat £69.99 120x90x12 cm its as bug as a stomp bargain!!
andic 03 Apr 2012
In reply to andic:
(also a climb x product)
 Howardw1968 05 Apr 2012
In reply to Scott_vzr:
Whats the harness like to use?
 Howardw1968 10 Apr 2012
In reply to Scott_vzr:
£50 this week!
OP Nick_Scots 10 Apr 2012
In reply to Howardw1968: One week deal !
 Howardw1968 10 Apr 2012
In reply to Scott_vzr:
yep, have you used it yet?
 Blue Straggler 10 Apr 2012
In reply to Scott_vzr:

I had a close look at all this gear last week. Flagged as £50 in store but as £35 on their computers and £30 on the Internet. They let me have it for £30. The HMS and belay are fine - the HMS is in fact really nice, takes a full three turns to tighten it which is a pain but on the other hand it also takes a full three turns to undo it, which is good. The harness waistbelt is easy to tighten on the already-doubled-back system but a bit more fiddly to release. Leg loops are a bit fiddly to adjust but not too bad. Harness is nice and compact, folds down neatly but feels comfortable and secure when on. Feels like a bit of a rough finish. I like the gear loops. I have not climbed with it yet but I have used the belay device.
Couldn't go wrong for under £40 but beyond that you would probably tend toward putting a bit more cash in and going for (for example) the Wild Country harness deal that they often have going on in that shop.
In reply to Blue Straggler: Agree that the HMS is a nice krab. I bought the wild country deal but kids struggle to tighten it themselves, part of the idea is for them to learn to do all the climbing stuff themselves.

The belay plate is a nice small size and doesn't snag with other kit. It has relatively small hole openings. Not used it on a fuzzy old wall rope, normally the biggest diameter rope I use.

Great deal.
spynappels 10 Apr 2012
Shame it's not available this side of the Irish Sea, we never seem to get the cracking offers here
In reply to spynappels: Could always buy it online !
spynappels 10 Apr 2012
In reply to Scott_vzr:

Not available for home delivery unfortunately...
 Howardw1968 13 Apr 2012
In reply to Scott_vzr:

I used mine yesterday found the Harness really comfortable and the belay/screwgate worked as you'd expect even on rough old wall ropes although only used it once before my daughter wanted to go in the bouldering area andon the autobelays!
Chalk bag was handy for keeping bits in too
 Blue Straggler 13 Apr 2012
In reply to Scott_vzr:

Now £29.99 marquee price at my local branch but this may be because (as I mentioned earlier) their marquee price when it was MEANT to be £29.99, was £49.99...so they might be playing catch-up in just my branch. Got about 8 left and they are not all XXL and XS
 dregsy 13 Apr 2012
In reply to Blue Straggler: bought one for my lad on the extra 15% day, mentioned that it was showing £29.99 on website lad went away to check came back saying it wasn't and it wasn't available for extra 15%. Fair enough, good deal anyway and had loads of top bargains from Go Outdoors. imagine how cross I was to find it still on the website and the muppet assistant had fed me a line. I have a dated printout and my receipt with said muppets name on , and on principle I'll be having words on my next visit. Still think it's a top deal at 35 quid though.
 Blue Straggler 18 Apr 2012
In reply to Scott_vzr:

I was perfectly happy leading at my trad limit (a heady HVS!) in this harness
OP Nick_Scots 23 Apr 2012
Used it instructing my class at Ratho last week, really nice harness. Hardly felt it on. Nice action on the krab and a good belay plate.

XS Size fitted me, 6ft and beefy, and a wee 12 yr old too. They can do up the buckle themselves, which helps. The waist buckle did not drift slack, which some of these re-threaded harnesses do.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...