UKC

Replacement old style Berghaus rucsac buckles?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I've broken one of the male connectors on one of the lid straps on my trusty Berghaus Monroe rucsac, has anyone any idea if and how it is possible to get a replacement?
It is one of the peculiar 'scissor' style ones that Berghaus used for many years and I would prefer not to have have to rip apart the stitching at the female end in order to replace the whole buckle.
Any thoughts?
No joy unfortunately from Berghaus Customer Services - they haven't had any of the old style 'two prong' buckles for several years.

Short of striking it lucky and finding someone with a dead Berghaus rucsac does anyone have any other suggestions?
 Jenny C 13 Apr 2012
In reply to The Ex-Engineer:
I have sucesfully replaced all the buckles on my (1988?) berghaus rucksack by unpickling the stitching and resewing by hand - actually that's a lie, Mum did the job 15+ years ago and the repair is still going strong.
In reply to The Ex-Engineer:

i've done as above on a different brand rucksack, on both buckles over a few years (the buckles it came with eventually perished) its just a case of sewing the tabs back on with enough stitches

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...