UKC

ML Assessment (Summer)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 spider27 21 Apr 2012
I'm looking to do my ML Assessment in August. Can anyone recommend a provider in Wales.

Cheers
In reply to spider27: Hi, I have heard good things about Phil george. I was thinking of booking mine soon and was going to go with him.
 upontop 21 Apr 2012
In reply to spider27:
phill George is highly recommended, did mine a couple of years ago,makes it a learning experience rather than a test.
 1906johns 21 Apr 2012
In reply to spider27: although not in wales Adam Evans of www.outdoorinstruction.co.uk is excellent, he introduced me to multi pitching,nav and caving in N Wales over a few days. I couldn't reccomend any other instructor as whole heartedly as I do him (and I have used agreat deal of instructors.....) honesty he delivered the highest quality tuition I have ever had. hope this helps

alex
OP spider27 21 Apr 2012
Thanks for that. Had a look at both sites and may well go with Phil in August.

Cheers
 Sleepy_trucker 21 Apr 2012
In reply to spider27:
Best of luck with it, I was going to do mine this autumn but have decided to go for the following spring instead.
marmot hunter 22 Apr 2012
In reply to Sleepy_trucker:
Another vote for Phil
 2weak4owt 22 Apr 2012
Blue Peris mountain centre is good value for assessments £395 incl. accommodation & food. PG's £350 excl. accomm which is great if you have a van but if not trouble with most places to stay around beris is they are overpriced, but that's just my opinion
 Matt Schwarz 22 Apr 2012
In reply to 2weak4owt: I used BP for assesment, accomadation is awesome, all food cooked for you and run by some really good staff.
 sam-brad 22 Apr 2012
In reply to spider27:
another vote for phil did both my SPA and ML with him and i learnt so much. didn't feel like a assessment at all. good luck with who ever you go with.
lmiles2 22 Apr 2012
In reply to spider27: I did mine with Snowdonia First Aid a couple of weeks ago and would definitely recommend - £330 no accom, but lovely assessors
 easyandfree 23 Apr 2012
In reply to spider27:
Kent Mountain Centre, Llanberis, £375 inc accom and catering www.thekmc.co.uk.
m0unt41n 23 Apr 2012
In reply to spider27: 5th or was it 6th vote for Phill George
Moggsy 23 Apr 2012
In reply to spider27: Phil George ...but he is no push over
 FrJ 24 Apr 2012
In reply to lmiles2:
Steve was on the team at PYB when I did mine some while ago. I'd second this.
There's plenty of camping around Snowdonia and much of it fairly priced. Also bear in mind that you'll be out on expedition for much of the course so won't need B&B those nights.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...