UKC

5 miler

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gingerdave13 04 May 2012
not been running for 3 weeks (combination of a canoeing exped and then a stonking cold) but got out yesterday and managed 5k in 22:57 (only 12s off my PB) chuffed with that..

since i'm feeling that glow and as it's sooooooo local to me. thought i'd give this a blast.

http://www.chiltern-harriers.org.uk/pednor5.html

road race which is a shame, but i know the route and hopefully it'll give a good time ~38min
 chris bedford 04 May 2012
In reply to gingerdave13:

See you there. Hopefully no rain........
OP gingerdave13 08 May 2012
In reply to chris bedford: no rain indeed! Couldn't have asked for better weather considering the weekend. Fab little race, was brilliant to walk to/from (not really one to say no to!).

did 39:13 so placed 68, not fantastic, but not bad considering it's not a distance i normally do. Stuck to my mental race plan of not going out too fast, which meant a bit of power for the hills.

How's about you?

chris bedford 08 May 2012
Great race, good conditions, nice and low key. Ran with the first lady for the first couple of miles, and even pulled away from her on the steep hill. But that changed very rapidly over the second half where she literally disappeared into the far distance ahead. Pretty happy with 30:07 and 11th overall, but had a bit of a cold and feeling totally done-in today......
In reply to chris bedford: low key indeed! There was a strong field with a lot of club runners. i'm thinking the gym session i did saturday didn't help .

Sounds like you had a pretty good race with that time tho.

I'll be thinking about their 10k xc offering on 18 nov!

http://www.chiltern-harriers.org.uk/herbertshole.html (last yrs link)
 chris bedford 08 May 2012
> (In reply to chris bedford) low key indeed! There was a strong field with a lot of club runners.
'tis true. I guess 'low key' in terms of numbers of runners / crowds - a nice contrast to the Oxford Town and Gown 10k which the wife is going to run on Sunday (she was very pleased with just under 40 minutes for Pednor - according to her watch if not the official 'gun time')

Mile 2 (roughly) of Herberts Hole goes up the hill that we finished down on Monday.
See you on 18th Nov!

In reply to chris bedford: yes - sorry i was agreeing, really nice to not be rammed on the course or start! Also, most of the clubs were local so didn't feel like a 'big' event.

i tried to convince my wife, but she didn't feel up to it in the end.

i'll probably try and bring a ton of other competitors too - as it'll be a birthday bash!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...