UKC

Sportiva Spantik Boots & G14 Crampons????

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 WoWo 05 May 2012
Hi All,

Does anyone know if Spantik Boots & Grivel G14 Cramp-o-matics (with the wire front bale) actually fit together fine??? I've tried to find out on internet but there seems to be various opinions. Got the G14's already & looking to maybe get those boots.

Cheers

Willie
 jonnylowes 06 May 2012
In reply to WoWo: andy kirkpatrick's advice is to take them to the shop and try them on with the crampons. my G14's fit my spantiks fine...but that's just my opinion.
 chalk monster 06 May 2012
In reply to WoWo: hi ya,
They don't go well together, the front of the boots overhang the front points to much, even if you move the bail arm, i sold mine and bought bd cyborgs which fit great !
Cheers mark
In reply to chalk monster:
> (In reply to WoWo) hi ya,
> They don't go well together, the front of the boots overhang the front points to much, even if you move the bail arm, i sold mine and bought bd cyborgs which fit great !
> Cheers mark

^This, I ended up ordering a pair of petzl ones (sarkens IIRC)
OP WoWo 06 May 2012
In reply to WoWo: Thanks for all help guys, will take them along to shop & have a wee look.

Ta

Willie
 willbris3 07 May 2012
In reply to WoWo: I've used G14's set up as monos and spantiks. there was no problem whatsoever
Charlie Boscoe 08 May 2012
In reply to WoWo: That combo works really well for me, go for it
OP WoWo 09 May 2012
In reply to WoWo: Cheers for all advice, taaaa
 CurlyStevo 09 May 2012
In reply to WoWo:
Basically part of the reason why some people have a problem with th front point protrusion on G14s (on various boots!) and other don't is because the wire bails vary from batch to batch, some are much baggier than others and therefore have worse protrusion!
 thomas 10 May 2012
In reply to WoWo: Petzl Sarkens fit well, had to use 'the long bar' with my Spantiks due to size 47!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...