UKC

Climbing stores in Banff - Canada

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
seaofdreams 09 May 2012
I am looking for a good climbing store in Banff or there-abouts. I have beta which suggests that there is no MEC! is this true? sounds strange. The hardest item we are looking for a haul bag.

Any help would be great.

Cheers
 George Ormerod 09 May 2012
In reply to seaofdreams:

Not coming in through Calgary then for a trip to the MEC?

You could try vertical addiction or Switching Gear in Canmore. Try switching gear first, as it sells excellent and cheap second hand gear. I think I might have seen a haul bag there last time I was mooching round.
Go to MEC in Calgary - excellent range, excellent prices

Otherwise there's Mountain Magic Equipment on Bear Street or Monod on Banff Avenue. Of the two, I prefer the former, not quite so expensive.
seaofdreams 09 May 2012
In reply to seaofdreams:

thanks guys - our arrival time in yyc isn't great for shopping and we want to get out so we can walk in on the same day as shopping.

Thanks for the ideas
 Rachel Slater 09 May 2012
In reply to seaofdreams:

How is it strange that there isn't a massive outdoor superstore in a tiny town in a national park?
 George Ormerod 09 May 2012
sIn reply to seaofdreams:

If you've got your own car then you could shop in the MEC and then the (food) CooP down the road or Safeway across the street and you'd be all good to go. Probably as quick as stopping Banff or Canmore, just watch out for the rush hours.

I'm interested which routes in the Rockies you'll need a haul bag for.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...