UKC

MIA trainee looking for teaching days 14-15 July 2012

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 brockers 29 May 2012
I am currently working toward MIA assessment in October and for this I need some more practice teaching rock climbing in the multipitch environment.

I'm planning to be in Wales on the weekend 14-15 July and I'd like to offer instruction in rock climbing, the progression into outside/multipitch climbing or learning to lead. Whether you have never been climbing outside before or have some experience of climbing please don't hesitate to contact me.

I have to point out that although I have attended the MIA training course I do not yet hold the Mountaineering Instructors Award which is the recognised qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multipitch rock climbing in the UK. Although I have undergone the MIA training and have the prerequisite qualifications and experience, I have not yet been assessed. However, I am confident that I can provide good and safe instruction and have had positive feedback from previous students.

I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or any benefits in kind for instruction but as a volunteer with membership of the BMC I am insured for 3rd party liability.

Regards

Simon
 Hywel Daniels 01 Jun 2012
In reply to brockers:

Hi Simon,
Where in Wales are you planning to be?
OP brockers 06 Jun 2012
In reply to Hywel Daniels:
I'll be based in Llanberis but will be able to travel to meet up with people.
heathermeek 06 Jun 2012
In reply to brockers: yhm
 Dave McKechnie 07 Jun 2012
In reply to brockers:

You have mail
 Phillau 07 Jun 2012
In reply to brockers:
> I am currently working toward MIA assessment in October and for this I need some more practice teaching rock climbing in the multipitch environment.
>
> I'm planning to be in Wales on the weekend 14-15 July and I'd like to offer instruction in rock climbing, the progression into outside/multipitch climbing or learning to lead. Whether you have never been climbing outside before or have some experience of climbing please don't hesitate to contact me.
>
> I have to point out that although I have attended the MIA training course I do not yet hold the Mountaineering Instructors Award which is the recognised qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multipitch rock climbing in the UK. Although I have undergone the MIA training and have the prerequisite qualifications and experience, I have not yet been assessed. However, I am confident that I can provide good and safe instruction and have had positive feedback from previous students.
>
> I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or any benefits in kind for instruction but as a volunteer with membership of the BMC I am insured for 3rd party liability.
>
> Regards
>
> Simon

Hi Simon,

I am interested in joining your session but only on 15th July. I am looking to gaining more experience trad climbing, and have mostly done indoor climb top rope/lead to between 5+ and 6a, and boulder to about V1-2. I have done a little single pitch trad climbing outside in the last few months also. I can be contacted by email:pcllau@gmail.com or mobile:07792374728 if you are still offering these sessions. I am also free most weekends after 15th July, if you have other dates available, so I can perhaps join a full weekend excursion.

Thanks,

Phil (ukclimbing name: dakzer)
orca2_uk 14 Jun 2012
In reply to brockers: Hi Simon

I understand that you are probably fully booked already but figured there was no harm in trying, I have no experience of climbing only done a bit of scrambling but i would love to try it, I am available the 14th & 15th July and live in Bangor. My contact number is 07501402211.
e-mail orca2_uk@yahoo.co.uk

Thankyou

Rachel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...