UKC

looking for someone to climb with ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
nathanthomas22 12 Jun 2012
hey looking for someone to climb with ... im a beginner, i know how to climb indoors with basics skills, i go out alot bouldering, just looking for someone to maybe show me a few things and to enjoy the same interests ... im from south wales btw
 lone 12 Jun 2012
In reply to nathanthomas22:

Hi I'm from Ystrad Mynach, I have limited experience, mainly roped scrambling up to Grade 2 but looking to get into Diff/Vdiff, where In south Wales are you from ?

Jason
hey mate im from merthyr tydfil, you got facebook? whats diff/vdiff
 diadem 12 Jun 2012
> hey mate im from merthyr tydfil, you got facebook? whats diff/vdiff

:|

Might want to get you self a book or 2 on the subject. diff/Vdiff are UK trad grades. Do a google search for Climbing grade chart.

AdCo82 12 Jun 2012

I suggest you learn a bit more about climbing before you venture out, especially if you don't even know what diff and v.diff are!
In reply to An Triubhas: tidy ! look mate i just enjoy climbing and i am trying to get to know someone to help me along so whats with the harsh comment ! if i was experienced climber i would have nothing but help for people ! dousch !
 AdCo82 12 Jun 2012

it's not a harsh comment, it is advice and the way most people start out!!!
 lone 13 Jun 2012
In reply to nathanthomas22: Hi, I'm on facebook, Jason Winney.
nathanthomas22 13 Jun 2012
In reply to lone: um cant seem to fing you s add me budd nate22@ive.co.uk
 lone 21 Jun 2012
In reply to nathanthomas22: Here we go - jason.winney.31@facebook.com

Madden 21 Jun 2012
In reply to nathanthomas22: I think there may have been a bit of a misunderstanding; any unpleasantness was probably not intentional. He was trying to get at the fact that if you don't yet know about the very lowest end of the trad climbing grade, you're unlikely to be particularly safe outdoors on a rope as yet. Maybe worth getting some more roped indoor experience, or even booking yourself on a course someplace. For example, can you belay and so on? safely tie into a harness? Do you have a harness for that matter? All these things are obviously important. I'd happily take you out to do some trad (if i didn't live in the north east of england), but a lot of people on here aren't that fond of boulderers.
 Andrew Mason 05 Jul 2012
In reply to nathanthomas22: hi Nathan I'm up for some climbing Im no expert been climbing for 2 years got all sport climbing ant transport.email me a.s.m1972@hotmail.com
 SecretSquirrel 07 Jul 2012
Hi Nathan,
Noticed that there are a couple of people offering free climbing tuition in Wales at the moment while they train for mountain leader qualifications. Might be the perfect opportunity for you to get out & about with someone experienced who's actively wanting to teach. Check out the lifts & partners forum.
Squirrel.
gavc0 09 Jul 2012
In reply to nathanthomas22: yhm....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...