UKC

Your favourite 2 day walk....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 20 Jun 2012
In the Lake District and also Snowdonia!

Both to include a wild camp and as many mountains as possible.

Lake District I am thinking Crinkle Crags, Boswell, Scafells etc from Langdale. In Wales, I haven't got a clue.....

Reasons why you suggest your route would be nice.

AT
 tlm 20 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

Why not include Scotland?
OP AdCo82 20 Jun 2012
In reply to tlm:

Because I'm looking at 2 dayer....Scotland is too far away!!!
 DaveHK 20 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

Jesus, that's a nightmare for me. The only thing worse than a 2 day walk would be a 3 day walk and so forth...
OP AdCo82 20 Jun 2012
In reply to DaveHK: simple then, don't do it. Thanks for the somewhat pointless answer!!!
 DaveHK 20 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

Pleasure. : )
OP AdCo82 20 Jun 2012
In reply to DaveHK:

I bet haha
 David Hooper 20 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: in Snowdonia, the rhinogs. Park at northern station on coast and get train down to southern rhinogs (tal y bont?).walk up to Ridge and head north,camp/bivvy by high lake. Day 2 continue north along ridge and eventually turn west to drop down to coast andback to your car. Wild beautiful and quiet.
 summitjunkie 20 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: After an early start from Aber on the N.Wales coast, gently climb from sea level over Drum, Foel-Fras and Foel Grach to Carnedd Llewelyn before dropping off via Melinllyn to the bothy at Dulyn (good camping nearby if full). Then back the next day via Aber Falls - a great little adventure in both Summer and Winter.
In reply to An Triubhas: In Wales this one takes some beating: http://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/r/?i=79

In the Lakes you could do worse than this: http://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/r/?i=116
 Simon Caldwell 21 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:
The Old County Tops race rouite would make a pretty good 2-day backpack.
Day 1, Langdale -> Grasmere -? Helvellyn -> Wythburn -> Angle Tarn
Day 2, Angle Tarn -> Scafell Pike -> Eskdale -> Cockley Beck -> Coniston Old Man -> Wrnose -> Langdale.

Could be adapted to miss out Helvellyn and take a more logical line to Angle Tarn, and maybe Grey Friars and Wetherlam instead of COM.
 victorclimber 21 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: park at the pub in Boot 3£ as long as you need head for Burnmoor Tarn ,head up onto Scafell wild camp up high ,and wander back to Boot various ways .may not be long enough for you but it is wild and quiet ..
 sheep 21 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas:

A nice one in Wales, and easily accessible, is to park for Llyn Eigiau and head north at first along a good track to Melynllyn reservoir. A steep little ridge takes you onto the slopes of Carnedd Llewellyn where you'll find a small hut. Leave your sac there while you do the northern tops, then back and over Llewellyn and Yr Elen to drop into Cwm Pen-llafar, where you'll find a bivi boulder below Llech Ddu.

Next day, do the Crib Lem spur (grade 1 or so) onto Carnedd Dafydd. Then an out-and -back to Pen yr Ole Wen. From the Saddle, head for the top of Craig yr Ysfa and back to the car by Pen Llithrig y Wrach.
 BALD EAGLE 21 Jun 2012
In reply to David Hooper and An Triubhas:

Another vote for the classic traverse of the Rhinogs. I finally got round to doing this superb 2 day outing with my better half during a glorious weekend last summer. We left Bristol Saturday morning at 5am and parked in Barmouth for 8.30 and hired a taxi (£20) to take us to the Northern start and we were walking by 10am. We arrived at 7pm for an idyllic wild camp of wine, Wayfarers and sticky toffee pudding at the Lyn underneath Rhinog Fach. On the move Sunday morning by 9am and finished in Barmouth just after 2pm. After a quick celebratory drink + bite to eat back home in Brissle for 7pm to conclude a truly great weekend so happy days!
If interested here’s a link to a slideshow of this outing:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13425892@N06/sets/72157626989909095
To view a description then use the “Show Info” icon when in slideshow mode!
Cheers Dave
 BALD EAGLE 21 Jun 2012
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Forgot to mention we only saw 4 people on the whole traverse over the two days...
 Darkskys 21 Jun 2012
In reply to An Triubhas: I enjoy the Welsh 3000's over 2 days with a wild camp on the glyders or at the bottom of Tryfan?

Jim at Work 21 Jun 2012
In reply to BALD EAGLE:
nice shots - looks great (what's a Wayfarer - freeze dried food?)
 BALD EAGLE 21 Jun 2012
In reply to Jim at Work:
> (In reply to BALD EAGLE)
> (what's a Wayfarer - freeze dried food?)

Close it's a boil in a bag meal!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...