UKC

Size 0 3CU Still Available Anywhere

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mmmhumous 06 Jul 2012
Anyone know anywhere that's still selling them?
 Hannes 06 Jul 2012
In reply to mmmhumous: Haven't seen them as DMM for some odd reason don't seem to make them any longer and haven't for some time.
 EZ 06 Jul 2012
In reply to Hannes:

I did an extensive search on the web last night at work and I couldn't find one anywhere.
 Chay 06 Jul 2012
In reply to mmmhumous: I've been looking for one also, and like you can't seem to find on anywhere!

fleebay/here seems to be the best options.
OP mmmhumous 06 Jul 2012
In reply to EZ:

Likewise. (I didn't have much look on german or us search engines either). Cheers for looking.
OP mmmhumous 06 Jul 2012
In reply to GingerBread22:

Looks like I may need to invest ina TCU, mastercam or Totem instead.
 Chay 06 Jul 2012
In reply to mmmhumous: The 4cu is available in 0?
OP mmmhumous 06 Jul 2012

Yep quite a few places are still doing them for £30, but it's too wide for my liking (I'm after it mainly for pockets/breaks). I have and use 4CUs down to size 1.75, then have 3CUs for the smaller sizes wher width is more critical.
 Chay 06 Jul 2012
In reply to mmmhumous: I likewise prefer the 3cu's in smaller sizes so i know where you're coming from there. If you don't buy something different in place of the 3cu i'd be interested in knowing what it's like as i'm in the same boat.

GB
 Chay 06 Jul 2012
In reply to GingerBread22: If you do buy something different i meant to say.
 EZ 06 Jul 2012
In reply to mmmhumous:

I've fallen in love with ball nuts (slidin nuts). I've only got one so far but way stronger than a cam of similar size and no width issues.
I'll be expanding my collection of these to fr more than just one over the next year or two.
OP mmmhumous 06 Jul 2012
In reply to EZ: Tricams are my gear of choice, but the little one is only 3kN if memory serves, so wanted an alternate for pockets etc. Having only seen ball-nuts on-line, I don't know if I believe in them .
OP mmmhumous 06 Jul 2012

Will do.

It's likely to be the totem which I go for: http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Rock-Climbing-Equipment/Camming-Devic...

Nice narrow heads and flexible stems.
 EZ 06 Jul 2012
In reply to mmmhumous:

If you're anywhere near Ashbourne then you're more than welcome to borrow mine for a play. It's the smallest one so the cracks it goes in tend to be slightly crumbly on grit as they haven't seen (m)any placements and can require a couple of tugs to 'clean' them of loose crystals. That can result in slightly less than inspiring placements but equally I've had some bumper protection from it.
Drop me a PM if you'd like to meet up for a handover or an outing [when the weather breaks].
 Chay 06 Jul 2012
In reply to mmmhumous: Yea they do look good! Pretty pricey though!
 steve456 11 Jul 2012
In reply to mmmhumous: you can get a blue mastercam for that money from gooutdoors by getting them to pricematch bananafinger
OP mmmhumous 30 Jul 2012

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Just bought a new pair of Verdes from Bannana Fingers, so picked up a blue mastercam for £40 at the same time.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...