UKC

Superhydrophobic/nano coating for cars.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 EZ 13 Jul 2012
I'm about to buy a new(ish) motor that deserves being washed at least weekly. Whilst looking for advice about alloy wheel sealants I stumbled across nano technology rim sealants and then fell headlong into the same idea for car paintwork.

Has anybody got any experience of such coatings and also has anybody heard or read about any long term risks to paintwork or wheels from using these products.
Obviously I am still looking and reading but UKC does have a wide knowledge and experience that's always worth drawin on.
 jon 13 Jul 2012
In reply to EZ:

You wash your car? Why?
Removed User 13 Jul 2012
In reply to EZ:

Years ago I looked at super hydro phobic paint for antennas (part of my job). The problem with the paint was that it had a very fragile surface that didn't last long. While it worked it was great but you had re apint every year or so IIRC. It was also very matt.
 Deri Jones 13 Jul 2012
In reply to EZ: The nano sealant stuff works well, but you need to make sure it's on a well cleaned car first (which is a PIA). I stuck this stuff on last October after a wash/T-cut and it lasted all winter keeping the car so the water beaded and the odd jetwash kept it looking presentable. The tub lasts for ages as well and is easy to apply and get off (as opposed to some of the resin polishes that leave white stripes down the side of your car when it rains!)
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/carlack-sealant-kit/prod_358.html
OP EZ 13 Jul 2012
As an update to where I am at. I'm very impressed by this site and in particular this thread for relevant detail http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=267927

I think I'm going to plump or Wolf's Chemicals' hard body. I just need to check with the manufacturer that it will suit my body panels as they include composite plastic.
 stonemaster 13 Jul 2012
In reply to jon: Agreed. Only the glass needs cleaning for visibility.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...