UKC

Is there any bolted climbing in the Isle of Man?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 racerfozzy 19 Jul 2012
As it says in the Topic title really; I'm heading out to the Isle of man in Sept with a few mates for the End2end mtb marathon, we all climb so thought we'd take a day climbing too. We dont want to lug all our Trad gear as we'll be on our bikes but we should be able to take enough between us to climb a sport route or two..

Are there any bolted routes on the Island or should we take a beer mat each and boulder/solo?

Cheers
Fozzy
 tom290483 19 Jul 2012
In reply to racerfozzy:

for the brave sport climber in you......

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=16989

OP racerfozzy 20 Jul 2012
In reply to tom290483:

Err.. thanks >:oO..So..Is there any bouldering in the Isle of Man..
 Nik Jennings 20 Jul 2012
In reply to racerfozzy:
There's bouldering at Laxey beach and at Peel. You need a pad though, although there are a few easier problems at Laxey whioch would be OK without a pad.
The sport crag is probably not the place for you if your profile info is up-to-date. There is an indoor wall in Douglas which is small, it's called Hot Rocks if you're on facebook you can find details about it there. A possible source of willing partners to get outside?
The trad is brilliant if you like that sort of thing, adventurous sea cliff style stuff. I've never been to Gogarth or Llyen but I'm guessing that the Isle of Man is a similar proposition.
There is a decent amount of climbing on the Isle of Man but not many people who climb outside, development has been undertaken by a handful of people.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...