UKC

Wet in Peak District???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Oscar Krumlinde 19 Jul 2012
Hi,

I was planning to got to Peak District this weekend and was wondering if anyone knows how the conditions are? I've been away for awhile and just heard that it has rained a lot, is it worth going? Was thinking of going to Chee Dale and maybe Raven Tor.

You think it will be wet?

Thanks in advance

//Oscar
 ciaran1999 19 Jul 2012
In reply to Oscar Krumlinde:

Weathers looking awesome for the weekend, ground is like a sponge but the rocks generally quite dry!
 EarlyBird 19 Jul 2012

I think it's possible to climb in the rain at Raven Tor - it's not in my grade range but I have seen climbers on what looked like dry routes while I walked past in the rain.
 Jonny2vests 19 Jul 2012

The Tor is a better bet than Cheedale which seeps like a bitch and has probably barely been in all season. But I'm in Canada, so what do I know.
 Timmd 19 Jul 2012
In reply to Oscar Krumlinde:It's rained an awfull lot, but I don't know anything about the crags you're talking about.

Eastern Peak District would be out for climbing I think though.

Tim
 EarlyBird 19 Jul 2012
In reply to Timmd:

The forecast for this weekend is quite good. I'd have thought that there'd be plenty in condition in the east.
 Leo Woodfelder 19 Jul 2012
In reply to Oscar Krumlinde: There should be plenty going. Rock dries quickly. Get out to the eastern edges and something will be dry. We're off to Millstone on Sunday, and I'm sure it will be in!
 wingalina 20 Jul 2012
The forecast is looking quite good (fingers crossed!), but its rained pretty much all week and still raining heavily here in Tideswell at the moment. When i was out on Wednesday there was quite a bit of standing water around so if you do come, i'd be prepared for a wet approach and puddle/lake dodging!
 llanberis36 20 Jul 2012

If you are looking for dry limestone, stoney is always worth a look, in the bays normally staff dry in the rain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...