UKC

Liquid grip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Ian McHenry 07 Aug 2012
Anyone using Liquid Grip? Just started using it, and feels much better than standard chalk - no sliming up holds. Has helped a lot with indoor bouldering. Anyone else had similar experience?
 EZ 07 Aug 2012
In reply to Ian McHenry:

The homepage for your product says that it contains rosin. That sounds a lot like Pof to me. How guaranteed is it that this doesn't transfer from the hand to the hold. If there's any transfer then it will result in long term damage to the rock if used outside and a shortening of the life of indoor plastic holds, that I am sure most walls will want to avoid.
M0nkey 08 Aug 2012
In reply to Ian McHenry: The only time i use it is before DWS when I don't want to carry a chalk bag. It is better than no chalk but not as good as chalk. My hands seem to have less grip when i use liquid chalk than when i use chalk for some reason.
Ian McHenry 08 Aug 2012
In reply to EZ: Didn't get any transfer onto clothing of that helps. I think this stuff is different from liquid chalk. It may just be that I get sweaty hands, but certainly feel grippier with the liquid grip.
 Monk 08 Aug 2012
In reply to Ian McHenry:

Not transferring to clothes isn't really a good test. The problem with roisin is that it builds up on the rock and creates a glassy sheen. Because it is waterproof, it doesn't wash off. This results in really f***ing up the rock for climbing, as a trip to Bas Cuvier will show.
 odox 08 Aug 2012
In reply to Ian McHenry:
It contains rosin as part of the thickener in the ingredients, as it's less than 5% and washes off hands easily I can't see this effecting the rock.

There was a similar question raised about beal liquid chalk here in 2008 - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=296401

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...