UKC

New ropes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Richard Baynes 13 Aug 2012
OK quick bit of advice, making major capital outlay on a pair of dry-treated, 60m half ropes, where will I get the best deal? I am based in Glasgow but willing to travel/try the internet (but I'd like 'em here by Saturday). Bear in mind this is a major investment for a skinflint.

R
the real slim shady 13 Aug 2012
In reply to Richard Baynes: Go outdoors in Clydebank have a reasonable selection of climbing kit at a good price, although there was a big climbing sale at the weekend so they might be low on stock (there is also one in Coatbridge but I've never been so I don't know how good it is)

If you see a good deal in a shop then shop artound online for the best deal, then see if go outdoors sell it. If they do then use their price match to get a good deal.

HTH
 Indy 13 Aug 2012
In reply to derek the dragon:
>although there was a big climbing sale at the weekend

Shhh don't mention the expired extra 20% off the sales prices!

Happens to me all the time well that or I buy an item and find it a few days later in the Sales at half price.

stonemaster 13 Aug 2012
In reply to Indy: You are not alone....
I have taken the plunge, made a purchase and will not be revealing either the make or the price, or the game will begin, and it will surely end in me feeling I have handed over too much money to a gear emporium. Suffice to say I am happy I have a good buy.

R
 Cake 13 Aug 2012
In reply to Richard Baynes:
If you paid more than £100 for the pair you've been had
In reply to Cake: Well, of course I didn't. Who'd be daft enough to do that?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...