UKC

Can you enjoy yourself too much?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Heike 14 Aug 2012
I had such a great weekend climbing on the Caithness seacliffs, I felt like it was sooooo good that surely soon something bad is bound to happen. The sun was out, the climbs were amazing, the waves were crashing in, the seagulls were circling (eh.. and the fulmars were chucking up on us...yuk), there were no midges, the beer and food was nice in the pub, the campsite was great..... Everyone was having fun, what could be better!!

Anyone else having too much fun... ???

In reply to Heike: Sounds pretty average to me...

hexcentric 14 Aug 2012
In reply to Heike:

I enjoyed myself too much once. The blisters didnt heal for months
OP Heike 14 Aug 2012
In reply to Fultonius:
> (In reply to Heike) Sounds pretty average to me...
>
>
>

You must be luckier than I
In reply to Heike: Nah, just jealous! I was busy practising my Dutch, so shouldn't complain! Might head up that way in a couple of weeks...
OP Heike 14 Aug 2012
In reply to Fultonius:
> (In reply to Heike) Nah, just jealous! I was busy practising my Dutch, so shouldn't complain! Might head up that way in a couple of weeks...

Surely, that should be LOADS of fun, too! Let us know if you need a climbing partner when up here!!

John Lyall 14 Aug 2012
In reply to Heike:
Sounds brilliant. But your only having TOO MUCH fun, if your getting payed as well !
 gingerdave13 14 Aug 2012
In reply to Heike: Had a cracking one at the weekend accomplished lots in the garden (DIY skills required), had a mate stay over and helped him out will free board for the olympic footy finals tickets he had. Squeezed in a 10k run with the lads, a 10k walk with lads and missus then completed further DIY in the garden.

Not the average weekend. However, it does mean that the next few when I’m off having fun can be done conscious free? (for the time being) of DIY lists… Plus there was some fun had, which proves boring doesn’t have to be totally boring (although it did squeeze the time for DIY)
 abcdefg 14 Aug 2012
In reply to Heike:

> Anyone else having too much fun... ???

No, that's impossible.

As Commander Cody tells us:

"A whole lotta things that I never done
But I ain't never had too much fun"
OP Heike 14 Aug 2012
In reply to John Lyall:
> (In reply to Heike)
> Sounds brilliant. But your only having TOO MUCH fun, if your getting payed as well !

Oh dear, no pay involved whatsoever!

OP Heike 14 Aug 2012
In reply to gingerdave13:
> (In reply to Heike) Had a cracking one at the weekend accomplished lots in the garden (DIY skills required), had a mate stay over and helped him out will free board for the olympic footy finals tickets he had. Squeezed in a 10k run with the lads, a 10k walk with lads and missus then completed further DIY in the garden.
>
> Not the average weekend. However, it does mean that the next few when I’m off having fun can be done conscious free? (for the time being) of DIY lists… Plus there was some fun had, which proves boring doesn’t have to be totally boring (although it did squeeze the time for DIY)

Now, that's VERY convoluted, but I do get your message! I agree. My kind of thinking. You deserve loads of fun now!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...