UKC

Helman tor topo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chalkyjim 19 Aug 2012
Anyone got a PDF for helman tor? Or a link to one. I've trawled through loads of sites but can't find one.
Cheers
 Tom Last 19 Aug 2012
In reply to chalkyjim:

There isn't a useful one currently.

There was a pdf on BlocsPenwith, but the pdf was broken and I think the site was down anyway.

There's a few problems detailed in Boulder Britain' but some of the route names are wrong and won't correspond with what's on here.

The old Cheeswring and SE Cornwall guide has a basic topo, but good luck finding a copy.
New guide is due out any time now afaik.

Your. Est bet is actually to work from the UKC logbooks page. The order left to right for the lower area and summit area are pretty much correct. The routes are found between the two areas on the obvious larger wall.

Some of the Cave area and the outlying boulders might be a bit tricky to navigate from UKC page, but you should be able to work it out in the end.

mbradberry2008 20 Aug 2012
By no means the cheapest option, but the section in Boulder Britain for it is a good start.
 Niall Grimes 20 Aug 2012
In reply to mbradberry2008: Yes, at £25 it is an expensive option, but bear in mind that you get 179 free topos to other venues when you buy it
OP chalkyjim 23 Aug 2012
In reply to Southern Man:
Get one made then...lazy git😄
 skipperd7777 23 Aug 2012
Some cheep copies of boulder britain on ebay pay £15 for mine
 Tom Last 02 Sep 2012
In reply to chalkyjim:
> (In reply to Southern Man)
> Get one made then...lazy git😄

Lol, been waiting for this:

http://tinyurl.com/9cuf3qq

Problem solved!
aw 02 Sep 2012
In reply to Southern Man: PDF is available on blocspenwith again, although it is incomplete if I remember rightly.
 Tom Last 02 Sep 2012
In reply to aw:

Cheers Andy, nice to see the site back up and running.
OP chalkyjim 02 Sep 2012
In reply to chalkyjim:

Cheers but back in lancs now. Headed out with a homemade topo from ukc only for the heavens to open. Didn't climb all week. Hung 5 in a tube or something like that though

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...