UKC

MSR Windpro wont 'roar'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rob514 11 Sep 2012
Please Note: First Ascent are no longer supporting MSR products. Please don't send returns to them anymore.
Has anyone had problems with gas stoves not running at full wack or 'roaring'? Ive got a MSR Windpro and it wont get up to full speed. It lights and probably runs at just under half. I've tried the obvious - checked the gas (with a 3/4 full canister and another half full canister - even after a good shake). Im wondering if it has something to do with the primer pipe that runs around the burner before it dives under to the jet..? The jet itself ? - although it looks clear and the breather holes are open. Maybe the valve on top of the canister ? - but again it feels just as it should opens fully but maybe the gas isnt coming through? Ive not tried stripping the thing down yet (dont have the tools here) but just wondered if anyone has any wise words?

Cheers.

Rob
 gear boy 12 Sep 2012
In reply to rob514: had an issue in the past with a stove and it was the gas canister at fault, the pin on the valve wasnt pushing in all the way, try a different canister or a different brand of canister to check, before dismantling
 pog100 12 Sep 2012
In reply to rob514:

or just screw it on tighter? I have found the tolerance of the MSR stoves very fine, and you sometimes need to use more brute force to squash the rubber seal a bit.
 gethin_allen 12 Sep 2012
In reply to pog100:
I've had the same issue, normally when starting a new cylinder of gas, once you screw it down tight a couple of times it goes on easily.
 Mr Ed 12 Sep 2012
In reply to rob514:

Yep. I think I had a partial blockage in the flexible fuel line- never managed to get it fixed though.
 kestrelspl 12 Sep 2012
In reply to gethin_allen: Screwing it down tighter (quite a bit tighter) worked for me too, I didn't want to overtighten the canister at first but it didn't cause any problems and the flow rate improves dramatically.
 thomaspassmore 12 Sep 2012
In reply to rob514: I had this the other day
The way i sorted it was to push the head of a needle through the tiny tiny hole after the flexible tubing (ie where the gas comes out).
In reply to rob514:

Is it a Coleman gas cylinder? If so, the MSR stoves don't seem to be able to open the Lindall valve properly. Unless you really screw the thing down very tightly.
OP rob514 14 Sep 2012
In reply to all:

Cheers for all the responses guys. Tried all the options with no avail. Might have to strip it down and have a closer look at the jet. No responses from MSR's distributors which is unfortunate.

gingerdave13 14 Sep 2012
In reply to rob514: i started having a problem with my pocket rocket. Stripped it down and there were some deposits. It does run a bit better. Hwoever, still needs screwing down tight to get that 'roar'. have tried a few cannisters on it since too.
 First Ascent 14 Sep 2012
In reply to rob514:

Hi Rob Im not in work today but up until 4 pm Thursday when I left there Id heard nothing from you..

Redacted - First Ascent are no longer supporting MSR

OP rob514 14 Sep 2012
In reply to FirstAssent:

Awesome, many thanks. I didn't mean it as a dig, I was just very surprised to have not heard from you as everyone had said how good you were to deal with. I sent my message to "servicecentre@firstascent.co.uk" on the 11th. I could always try again might be a problem at my end. Do you think it will be a quick fix?

Thanks,
Rob
 First Ascent 14 Sep 2012
In reply to rob514: Thats odd as nothing has come through from you although our Spam filter does seem to hate Hotmail accounts with a vengeance -maybe thats the problem ??
The stove should be fixed and on its way back to you the same day I receive it in the office (However Im only in the office Mon-Wed next week so get it in the post asap to get it back quickly)
All the best Lindsay
OP rob514 14 Sep 2012
In reply to FirstAssent:

Yep Im afraid its a hotmail address. Ill try to get it in the post later today back to you guys.

Rob
OP rob514 18 Sep 2012
Massive thanks to First Assent for sorting this !! Old broken stove in the post friday - new shiny stove delivered this morning ! Fantastic customer service. Why cant all companies work like this!?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...