UKC

Nice Response

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 27 Sep 2012
I believe in giving credit where credit is due so full marks to Lowe Alpine.
I'd lost the sternum strap from my Lowe Alpine Airzone 35 sac - OK not a major item.

I phone up Lowe Alpine just now, a very pleasant lady answered the phone after about two rings and said that, if I emailed my address to her she would put one in the post free of charge today.

What a pleasant transaction 8-)
OP mypyrex 27 Sep 2012

> What a pleasant transaction 8-)

I meant to say compared with the lengthy hassle you get with many companies nowadays(who tend to use call centres)

alooker 27 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex: I try and make an effort to tell someone's manager if they've been really helpful, it really does make things so much smoother.
 ollieollie 27 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex: i love it when things like this happen!! Dash 4 it done this kind of thing for me!
Mr_Yeti 27 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

Can't agree more. I had a note left on my car window this morning saying 'Parking Fine' which i thought was nice of them to say so.

OP mypyrex 27 Sep 2012
In reply to Mr_Yeti:
> (In reply to mypyrex)
>
> Can't agree more. I had a note left on my car window this morning saying 'Parking Fine' which i thought was nice of them to say so.
Did you thank them?

nniff 27 Sep 2012
In reply to Mr_Yeti:
> (In reply to mypyrex)
>
> Can't agree more. I had a note left on my car window this morning saying 'Parking Fine' which i thought was nice of them to say so.

That's nice. Did they ask you to contribute to their favourite charity too?
 EeeByGum 27 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex: Yep - there are gems around like that. Popped into Harry Halls because asking for a bolt to replace the one that broke on my pannier. They just gave me one.

I believe the ever legendary Chris Tan bought a Karrimor rucksack from a car boot sale with a few bits missing so rang up to try and get said missing items. After a brief conversation it turned out that the bag he had was one of the few missing from their museum collection and they offered to exchange it for any bag in the latest range he liked.
In reply to mypyrex:

And what's great about it is that you've told all of us about it, and so we are perhaps even more favourably disposed towards Lowe Alpine gear than we were before.
OP mypyrex 27 Sep 2012
......and I've just had an email from LA to confirm that the strap is in the post today! :0) Excellent service.
pasbury 27 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

I had similar from Primus stoves. My omnifuel stove burner had sheared off from the base after many years of abuse. I emailed them and got an immediate response that a new burner was in the post free of all charges.

Now fixed and basically I have a new stove again.

Thanks Primus.
 subalpine 27 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex: everyone's a winner..
 subalpine 27 Sep 2012
In reply to EeeByGum:
>
> I believe the ever legendary Chris Tan bought a Karrimor rucksack from a car boot sale with a few bits missing so rang up to try and get said missing items. After a brief conversation it turned out that the bag he had was one of the few missing from their museum collection and they offered to exchange it for any bag in the latest range he liked.

ohh, i wonder if they'd be interested in my outward bound 1 vgc?
 jessyb 27 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex:
Black diamond are great too with stuff like that. Brill customer service.
 Steve John B 27 Sep 2012
In reply to EeeByGum:
> (In reply to mypyrex) Yep - there are gems around like that. Popped into Harry Halls because asking for a bolt to replace the one that broke on my pannier. They just gave me one.

Above and beyond the call of duty...
 subalpine 27 Sep 2012
In reply to Gordon Stainforth: now that's an idea. if you want something but you think it costs too much, then offer to post favourable reviews on forums..oh what a cynic i am;(
OP mypyrex 27 Sep 2012
Text of my email to LA:

"Dear Nancy,

Thank you so much for your email. Your response to my request has been a sheer pleasure, I'm so glad I bough a Lowe Alpine product.

All too often nowadays one gets such shoddy and inefficient resonses from the "Customer Services" departments of big firms employing call centres whose sole ambition seems to be to waste the customers' time and money. It therefore is all the more pleasing to have an enquiry dealt with in an efficient, expedient and caring human manner.

Please pass my comments on to your management."
 subalpine 27 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex: shoddy what?
OP mypyrex 27 Sep 2012
In reply to subalpine:
> (In reply to mypyrex) shoddy what?

All too often nowadays one gets such shoddy and inefficient resonses

rallymania 27 Sep 2012
In reply to mypyrex:

nope, i don't know what a resonses is either....
OP mypyrex 27 Sep 2012
In reply to rallymania: typo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...