UKC

Dave MacLeod Fall Oops!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FreshSlate 11 Oct 2012
Only just read about this (happened 10 days ago). Borrows a rope off a friend that is not as long as he was expecting, lowering off a sport route and decks when the end of the rope passes through the belay. Pretty common story, and I guess it can easily happen to the best of us.

How long is your rope?
 Reach>Talent 11 Oct 2012
In reply to FreshSlate:
ouch, I abbed off the end of a friends rope at Pembroke after he failed to tell me that his middle mark wasn't in the middle and I failed to check. Quite an easy mistake to make when you are rushing
OP FreshSlate 11 Oct 2012
In reply to FreshSlate: Oh dear, the middle mark wasn't in the middle? Geez, talk about luck.
 Blue Straggler 11 Oct 2012
In reply to FreshSlate:

I have a 42m rope with a "middle mark" 6m or 7m from one end (It had been a 70m rope, we cut 30m off as my mate wanted a 30m and I wanted a 40m; turned out to have been a 72m rope so I got the halfway mark near one end.
 GeoffRadcliffe 11 Oct 2012
In reply to FreshSlate: I wonder if 9 out of 10 climbers would make this mistake...
 jon 11 Oct 2012
In reply to GeoffRadcliffe:

Nice Geoff!
 Fraser 11 Oct 2012
In reply to FreshSlate:

I was talking to him the other day about this at TCA Glasgow while he campussed his way round the place! On the plus side, he said that as a result of the lay-off he'd been getting stuck into daily Beastmaker sessions and can already feel noticeable gains.
 Mike7 11 Oct 2012
In reply to GeoffRadcliffe:

That's harsh! - funny, but harsh!

gethin_allen 11 Oct 2012
In reply to FreshSlate:
It just goes to show that anyone can make these silly listakes and that us punters should take care to avoid doing so.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...