UKC

Kalymnos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Porter 18 Oct 2012
What is the chance of making the last ferry if we land in Kos at 8.30pm on March 30th next year?

Was hoping to stay in Masouri with my Girlfriend as it seems like a good base for the major crags.

Thanks
Michael
In reply to Mikey P:
They tend to hold the ferry for the last flight in if you are going at a popular time. We land at 8.30pm in November and have been told that the ferry will wait. It's half term so will be bussy

Beck
 kipper12 19 Oct 2012
In reply to Mikey P:

As a bsck up you could always book a room for one night, as a friend did for around 20 euros, as insurance if you are at all concerned.

Robbo1 19 Oct 2012
In reply to Mikey P: Just to be clear, I think the ferry waits for the last flight from Athens, rather than the last flight into Kos. From memory the Climb Kalymnos website has uploaded the ferry timetable. I am sure that whoever you are booking accommodation with will be able to check for you if you ask them nicely.

Masouri is the hub of activity off the crag for climbers and a fairly easy walk to some of the crags. You could go either side of Masouri to get a quieter place and then just walk in to Masouri for food - depends on what you are after.
In reply to Robbo1: Thank you, the flight I was looking at was from Gatwick so could be a bit tight catching the ferry.
 pauljackson 19 Oct 2012
In reply to Mikey P: Ferry now waits for you. People I know went on same flight last week and had no problems. So as long as the flight is on time should be OK. Better be as we are on the same flight as you!
In reply to pauljackson: That's funny, we should share a taxi to the ferry port! (we are a 2).
 gingerwolf 20 Oct 2012
In reply to Mikey P: just returned from kalymnos last weekend
we landed at 10:05, and still made the 10:30 ferry......which waited until 11pm to leave anyway!!

8:30 landing should be no problem, the ferry port is only 10mins via taxi from the airport

check the ferry times on climbkalymnos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...