UKC

windproof water resistant warmer jacket for winter?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 freerangecat 19 Oct 2012
I've finally concluded that my old vapour rise jacket isnt windproof or warm enough for cycling in at this time if year any more (I was fine last winter, jst increased baselayer thickness as it got colder) so I need some advice on a replacement, but something a bit warmer. I cycle 4-8 miles a day generally, so nothing crazy but time to get cold and wet, or to overheat. I also don't like cycling in a waterproof-the vapour rise excelled when it was wet and not too cold ss I stayed snug and it dried quickly. I put the hood up under my helmet to keep my hair dry. So... what can people suggest please? I'm torn between a warmer softshell and something like the rab shadow hoodie that would be more versatile for layering too. I'm probably asking to much of 1 piece of kit, but I'm open to ideas...

Thanks
Cat
 Missile 19 Oct 2012
In reply to freerangecat: I've just ordered one of these
http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/revolution-forsa-windproof-jacket?...

I'll use a thin waterproof for really crap days but I tried one on the other day and it ticked all the boxes
OP freerangecat 19 Oct 2012
In reply to mikehike:

Thanks for the suggestion-paramo would be really good and I've considered it before (despite the scary price) but I never found that any of their jackets fitted when I tried them on before. Although they do unisex and ladies' stuff it was all too big.
OP freerangecat 19 Oct 2012
In reply to Missile:

Thanks. They do a similar ladies' one that looks quite good. Would still ideally prefer a hood though

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...