UKC

Moonboard

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Milesy 29 Oct 2012
has anyone built the moonboard set up?

Looking for a rough idea of costs for the basic materials. So everything excluding the hold sets themselves. So plywood, fixings etc.

thanks
 Elrond 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Milesy:

Yeah I built one last December. Are you planning on building yours indoors or out because that will make a big difference to the cost of things?
OP Milesy 29 Oct 2012
In my garage. So not sure if that counts as indoors or outdoors
 Elrond 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Milesy:

Are you going to make yours free standing or bolted to roof beams within the garage?

I ask indoor or out because a lot of the cost of mine was having sufficient timber to make it both free standing outdoors and having treated timber like marine ply.
OP Milesy 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts:

I think bolted in place.
migalc 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Milesy:
hi, i have just built one myself, outdoors in the garden. i have spent about 400 pounds in everything except the holds. feel free to email me (migalc@gmail.com) and i can send you pics of the building process.
good luck! miki
parberoo 30 Oct 2012
In reply to Milesy:
I designed a folding version which I planned to bolt through the kickboard to my garage. If you want the file as a reference (google sketchup) just drop me your email address and I'll send it over. Can be quite handy for getting the measurements and spacing from.
 PeterJuggler 01 Nov 2012
In reply to Milesy: Will you be using the actual moon hold sets? I like the idea of having set problems of known difficulty but the consensus on ukbouldering is that they are quite tweaky and painful, not good for training. Wooden holds are better.
http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,20739.0.html
Sorry, I have no idea of cost of materials.
 Elrond 01 Nov 2012
In reply to PeterJuggler:

I find that pretty interesting. I've been training on the moon original set and I reckon its brilliant. I haven't had any problems on them and they are a really good texture and well designed holds.
 PeterJuggler 01 Nov 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts:
I have to admit that I'be never tried the moon board holds but I have been thinking of building a moon board some day. I was just bringing up what they said on UKB since they know a thing or two about training.
Do you have your own moon board or do you use one at a wall somewhere? You live in the South-East I believe?
 Elrond 01 Nov 2012
In reply to PeterJuggler:

Ah ok fair enough.

I have my own moonboard out in the garden and it has been massively beneficial!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...