UKC

Ice Breaker RealFleace

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ElBarto 30 Oct 2012
Hello,

I was thinking of buy an Ice Breaker Realfleece garment, specifically the Sierra Long Sleeve Hood and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this garment? Or the Realfleece fabric in general?

I'm mainly wondering who warm it is in the UK autumn when it is wet and windy, although I plan on wearing something over it in those conditions I'm sure I'll get caught out from time to time. So want to know how it'd fair on it's own in the wind and rain.
 Šljiva 30 Oct 2012
In reply to ElBarto: I've got a 320 weight one and it is superbly warm, but being wool, I don't think it would be much good in the rain without something over it.
OP ElBarto 30 Oct 2012
In reply to Šljiva:
Thanks for the info, any idea about the wind cutting through it?
 Šljiva 30 Oct 2012
In reply to ElBarto: As I say, it's pretty thick, not sure what the 260 is like.
OP ElBarto 30 Oct 2012
One last think, how do you think it compares to like a standard micro fleece? Was it worth the extra money?

Sorry for all the questions but this is the last.

Thanks for all the answers so far .
 Šljiva 30 Oct 2012
In reply to ElBarto: no idea, I can't stand the idea of synthetic I would say the 320 is pretty bulky. I wear it as a coat or a under a down vest, would think too thick as a genuine mid layer, again don't know about the 260. i got mine in the sale, couldn't be paying full price!
OP ElBarto 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Šljiva:
Thanks a lot of the replies, yea they are pricey at full price but hopefully if I wait a while I'll find one on sale somewhere.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...