UKC

camping near keswick

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Cowley 22 Nov 2012
was planning on an overnighter in lakes tomorrow but due to the chance of finishing work late may just be forced to stay in keswick and have a cheeky few in the Dog and Gun before heading out and bivvying in the hills on sat night.

Anyone know of anywhere cheap(on a budget due to my mate just having triplets) we could camp or stay around keswick within a short walk to pubs if all else fails on friday night. The campsite on crow park road is not taking any bookings for tents
 Phil West 22 Nov 2012
In reply to David Cowley:
I stayed at the Braithwaite campsite which is only a short walk from Keswick centre and has a couple of pubs on the doorstep. Full facilities. Was good. I think I stayed on a Bank hol though and we had a load of skinheads on scooters there. It would have been ok except one bloke tried beating the crap out of his wife all night. But that would have been a one-off. It was a good site.

Good luck,

Phil
 Jackwd 22 Nov 2012
In reply to David Cowley: Castlerigg Farm, never stayed, but worth a call.
hughsaints 23 Nov 2012
any where near the lake (derwent water_ will be wet as hell!! castle rigg farm would be worth a call as they are just above keswick, dont know if they are open all year!!
 mikekeswick 23 Nov 2012
In reply to David Cowley: Yeah just bivvy near the lake. There is a lay-by below falcon crag, park there and then head down to the lake. You never get any hassle because you are out of sight. It's small shingle which is nice and comfy! We often go down there and have a fire/sleep/smoke/beer.
 Steve John B 23 Nov 2012
In reply to Jackwd:
> (In reply to David Cowley) Castlerigg Farm, never stayed, but worth a call.

I've stayed, it's fine. Easy drunken walk back from town. Has flat pitches, toilets, showers, nasty coffee from a machine. All good! I'd phone and see if they've shut for the winter though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...