UKC

getting to MCC by public transport

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 woodsy 03 Dec 2012
Travelling by train to Victoria then getting to wall from there.
Does anyone know if there is a bus from central Manchester or is it easier to get tram to Picadilly & walk?
Cheers
Woodsy
 Liam Brown 03 Dec 2012
In reply to woodsy:

Walk to Piccadilly gardens from victoria though. You can follow the tram line to get there but the tram is rip off and you'll go two stops.
 Neil Williams 03 Dec 2012
In reply to woodsy:

Worth mentioning if you're walking there from the bus on the main road that it's in a really shitty area so flashing your phone etc around might be a bad idea, particularly at night.

As for the tram, if you're travelling from anywhere in the PTE area you get free tram travel in the centre anyway. Your ticket will say "MANCHESTER CTLZ" instead of "MANCHESTER STNS" if this applies to you.

Neil
OP woodsy 03 Dec 2012
In reply to Neil Williams:
ta
 Liam Brown 03 Dec 2012
In reply to woodsy:

Also its shut this evenign because of power cut
 tomlloyd 03 Dec 2012
In reply to woodsy: Slightly biased, but Rock Over is only 5 mins walk from Victoria. No roped climbing though I'm afraid.
 FreshSlate 03 Dec 2012
In reply to woodsy: Get to picadilly, theres a bunch of stops near the train station opposite a tesco express then any 20 number 201-209 and get off one stop after the bus depot.
 J B Oughton 03 Dec 2012
In reply to woodsy: I have to do this regularly, I'd say get a tram to Picadilly then a train to Ashburys (it's the first stop so won't cost much), then it's a simple ten minute walk from there.
 FreshSlate 04 Dec 2012
Oh and the 206 stops right outside pretty much. The others are a five minute walk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...