UKC

Brimham Ticklist

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jon Stewart 04 Jan 2013
Hi

Thinking of heading to Brimham tomorrow for some bouldering. Since it's bloody enormous, easy to get lost and lots of it is green, can anyone suggest good clean areas or must do problems?

Grades V2-6, preferably good lines/up problems/highballs rather than going sideways or scrutting around on the floor trying to work out what's in. Good landings always a bonus.

Which areas are most worth checking out, and which ones to avoid...seems like there is potential at Brimham to miss a load of great stuff and waste a day on rubbish problems, or trying to find stuff that turns out to be filthy or have an horrific death landing, or both.
 JayK 04 Jan 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Did a really funky corner climb in the summer called Whiskey Galore v6. There is a dyno-y route just round the corner called The Titfield Thunderbolt, which gets v8, but is just a bit technique-y. I enjoyed both. They are both in the Black Chipper Area.
 JayK 04 Jan 2013
In reply to JimmyKay: Both have flat landings and aren't higher than 4m. (Although it took me a while to commit to the thuderbolt!)
OP Jon Stewart 04 Jan 2013
In reply to JimmyKay:

Ta, I know where that is too, which is a bonus. Last time I was there I tried Arthur, which is brilliant. Didn't top it out though - scary/rounded/dirty/high. But armed with a brush and better mental preparation I'll try it again.
 Pagan 04 Jan 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Whiskey Galore and Titfield are likely to be minging following the recent weather. Obvious choices are things like Pommel, Acme Wall, Ritornal, Rotifer, Successor State (not done this but it looks brilliant if highball V6 aretes are your bag) - be careful of damp top outs on some of those.

I'm sure there must be more/better out there though.
OP Jon Stewart 04 Jan 2013
In reply to Pagan:
> (In reply to Jon Stewart)
>
Thanks. The mid-grade circuit in the new book looks good, and I'll defo spend some time on the car park boulders.

Successor State looks brilliant, but it's top of my grade with a death landing, so I'll give it a miss.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...