UKC

from iphone to Galaxy S3

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kimono 07 Jan 2013
Having dropped my iphone 4 in the sea last week
i now find myself needing a new phone. Am looking at iphone 4S (the 5 is prohibitively pricey)
but also considering the S3.

Certainly looks like a great phone but how does it go in terms of backing up the phone from my mac. Would all contacts have to be re-entered in Galaxy format?
All my music is stored in itunes....is this compatible with the Galaxy music player?
I assume that all apps would have to be rebought?

Anything else to consider?
 lost1977 07 Jan 2013
In reply to kieran b:

i'm hearing more and more people talk about making the switch and this seems to be a very common concern
 SARS 07 Jan 2013
In reply to kieran b:

Not sure about the apps, but I guess so. I've just made the switch and moving my contacts and music across was easy. However, some iTunes music didn't copy across due to drm.

andy guppy 07 Jan 2013
In reply to kieran b:
Dont bother............cant wait till my contract allows me to change back to an iphone!!
Guppy
 SARS 07 Jan 2013
In reply to andy guppy:
> (In reply to kieran b)
> Dont bother............cant wait till my contract allows me to change back to an iphone!!
> Guppy

Really? Why? I'm pretty happy so far.
 Alan M 07 Jan 2013
In reply to andy guppy:
> (In reply to kieran b)
> Dont bother............cant wait till my contract allows me to change back to an iphone!!
> Guppy

Really? I made the switch to the s3 and will never go back to the Iphone again.
OP Kimono 07 Jan 2013
In reply to kieran b:
Andy what dont you like?

Alan, what DO you like??
 Thrudge 08 Jan 2013
In reply to Alan M:

> Really? I made the switch to the s3 and will never go back to the Iphone again.

Ditto.
In reply to kieran b:

Don't do it. The S2 and 3 are too bloody big for jeans pockets, and iOS is sooooo much slicker.
 CurlyStevo 08 Jan 2013
In reply to Dispater:
"The S2 and 3 are too bloody big for jeans pockets,"

I don't have a problem with the S2 its thinner and lighter than the iPhone 4 so in practice I don't think you'd notice this difference, it is afterall only 1cm longer and 8mm wider.
 Neil Williams 08 Jan 2013
In reply to CurlyStevo:

S3 might as well be a tablet, though. I don't like this trend back to huge phones.

Neil
 CurlyStevo 08 Jan 2013
In reply to Neil Williams:
The S3 is 1cm longer and 4mm wider than the S2, but the corners are rounded so it's not that noticeable. I tried it in my pocket and didn't think I'd really notice the difference. In fact I was surprised how well the galaxy note fitted in to my pockets although I think that is a touch too much!
In reply to Dispater:
> (In reply to kieran b)
>
> The S2 [ ] too bloody big for jeans pockets

Disagree
OP Kimono 08 Jan 2013
In reply to Alan M:
> (In reply to andy guppy)
> [...]
>
> Really? I made the switch to the s3 and will never go back to the Iphone again.

Whats so great about it Alan?

Alan M 08 Jan 2013
In reply to kieran b:
> (In reply to Alan M)
> [...]
>
> Whats so great about it Alan?

For me I use it as a rolling office and mobile multimedia device so the big advantages for me are

The screen size and quality. The visual display is better to my eyes
The speed. The s3 operates and performs the same tasks faster. My sister has the iphone 5 and the s3 is quicker and smoother in operation for the same task. .
Android..... its a better platform not as locked down if you will. The s3 can be customised to operate on pretty much every level if you arent afraid to play with the base set up.
Connectivity.. the transfer of data between devices with similar technology is 2 taps iphone struggles to transfer data quickly.
As a multimedia device it outperforms the iphone In many ways including changable battery and not stuck fighting with itunes etc.
Better front camera if skyping mates family etc.

Loads of othrr reasons why im now a samsung convert. But...I think the difference between the two phones is minimal in most cases. After years of apple phones I think samsung as a user friendly device has taken the iphone and took it up a notch to produce the s3.

People may disagree.
 alan barnes 08 Jan 2013
In reply to kieran b:
The HTC one x plus is also worth looking at.
 Neil Williams 08 Jan 2013
In reply to alan r b:

Or the One S if you don't like your phone being more like a tablet (though the spec is a bit lower).

Neil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...