UKC

ski boot rental near Areches

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
We're going skiing in the alps at the end of January, and my friend needs to rent a pair of boots for the week. Is there a best option for where to go? I think we have skis for him, just not boots in the correct size.
 Doug 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Bob_the_Builder: Fairly sure I'd seen ski hire in Areches when I've been there & a quick Google shows that both Intersport & Sport 2000 both have shops there
 Rubbishy 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Bob_the_Builder:

There are several in the town and couple on the road out of Beaufort.

Beaufort also has one opposite the toursit information , at the main crossroads, and another towards the campsite and sports centre.

Enjoy it s really nice little resort, very French.
In reply to John Rushby:

So its basically "go wherever is cheapest" then?

Hopefully! It should be fun, staying at a friend's wee chalet. Never been to the alps for winter sports before so I'm pretty excited.
 Rubbishy 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Bob_the_Builder:

It's a nice spot.

If you have a car, try a run into Beaufort - some nice little restaurants there. Plus, try use the village tow up to Les Contamines (take a right turn just before Hautluce and head forthe hydro station) or the village tow from Hauteluce itself up to Les Saisses. I think they are all part of Espace Diamant so some version of the lift pass should get you up there.
In reply to John Rushby:

Thanks for the advice!
 Doug 09 Jan 2013
In reply to Bob_the_Builder: As said, Beaufort is a nice small town, well worth a visit And they do make some good cheese there
 Rubbishy 10 Jan 2013
In reply to Doug:

+1

If a chalet is needed I can recommend one

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...