UKC

Climbing Buddies - SKYPE

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
JadePatricia--x 26 Jan 2013
Leave your skype names here so we call add each other and share our similar interest

Mines: Tia6210
 JH74 26 Jan 2013
In reply to JadePatricia--x:

2 replies.

1 normal = Hi Jade, what's skype?

2 cynical = I call troll
In reply to JH74: Type 'Skype' in google its a free instant messager, which allows you to video call etc .
 JH74 26 Jan 2013
In reply to JadePatricia--x: Ok I'll do that. Good luck on finding buddies. I'm surprised noone's posted yet.. Maybe they're climbing!
In reply to JH74: Maybe haha!, something i should be doing, but im not going till later on , will you be installing it?.
 JH74 26 Jan 2013
In reply to JadePatricia--x: I will not. I suspect many will though. Far too cynical and dinosaur like to start video calling randoms. I hope you enjoy your climb l8r.
 dale1968 26 Jan 2013
In reply to JadePatricia--x: this must be a Nigerian boiler room
In reply to dale1968: what are you suggesting?
In reply to JH74: Its 'free instant messaging' with 'allows' you to video call, doesnt mean 'i will be' just means its an option if people cba to type :p
 Ava Adore 26 Jan 2013

No WAY would I publish my Skype address on here! Right load of weirdos
OneLifeOneHeart 27 Jan 2013

Maybe he/she is just new to the internet and does not know the dangers of it.

JadePatricia, it is not safe and common to publish Skype names or Facebook names on an internet forum.

I would suggest that you first ask people to contact you via private messaging on the forum and continue discussing there.
JadePatricia--x 27 Jan 2013
In reply to OneLifeOneHeart: Maybe ill do that, thanks
 Andúril 27 Jan 2013
In reply to OneLifeOneHeart:

Agreed, the only website I would even consider publishing such details on would be 4chan.
JadePatricia--x 27 Jan 2013
In reply to willJw: whats 4chan?
 Angrypenguin 29 Jan 2013
In reply to JadePatricia--x: It's like an online messaging board... try the bouldering section at www.boards.4chan.org/b/
 another_alex 29 Jan 2013
JadePatricia - It's definitely not a good idea to leave your skype name on 4chan!!!
Good luck with finding climbing buddies - have you considered maybe joining a club, it might be an easier way to meet people? You can find a list here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/listings/?t=club.

I feel a bit annoyed at some of the comments posted here because one of my family is autistic and this is exactly the sort of thing they'd post somewhere and not understand that the advice being given isn't genuine. It can cause some erm 'interesting' problems. Would be great if people could be a bit more sympathetic/aware that the person on the other end of the keyboard doesn't *necessarily* understand you're being sarcastic.
JadePatricia--x 30 Jan 2013
In reply to another_alex: sorry if I offended you in some way ,
Thanks ill try out that link you left me

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...