UKC

Dynafit TLT5 Ski Touring Boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 clams 27 Jan 2013
Hi there,

I want to buy these boots as part of a package from Conrad Sports in Germany. Unfortunately, nowhere in UK stocks them but I need to try a pair on before ordering.

Long shot, but does anyone in the Bristol area have a pair in size 28.5 or 29.0 that I could try on?! I would certainly buy you a beer!

Clams
 LucaC 27 Jan 2013
In reply to clams: In reply to clams: Got a pair in 28.5 in Brighton if that's any help? Found they came up narrow and had to go up a full mondo size compared to scarpa.
 edinburgh_man 28 Jan 2013
In reply to clams:

Mountain Spirit in Aviemore stock them. There full selection of boots is not on their website for some reason - but I've seen them in the shop.

Website will provide you with contact details:

http://www.mountainspirit.co.uk/
craigloon 28 Jan 2013
In reply to 7bforever:

Don't think Mountain Spirit are stocking them this season. Other Dynafit boots, including the One, but not TLT5, though I expect they could order them for you.
 jonnie3430 28 Jan 2013
In reply to craigloon:
> (In reply to 7bforever)
>
> Don't think Mountain Spirit are stocking them this season.

I was told (about a month ago,) you can rent them there.
 smithaldo 28 Jan 2013
In reply to clams: they are very narrow indeed. based on a race fit I think. also very thin so most places wont even touch them to blow them out. Great boots if they fit you though perfect for skiing and climbing in.
 smithaldo 28 Jan 2013
In reply to smithaldo: If you are around sheffield at all I have some 28.5 you can try, but with custom insoles in.
OP clams 28 Jan 2013
In reply to smithaldo:

Thanks for all the replies guys. Will contact Mountain Spirit - will be up in Highlands in a few weeks. For those of you with 28.5 TLT5s (or 29.0), what size feet are you? I am a size 9.5 shoe and have size 44 Scarpa Grand Jorasses (slightly close fit) and size 44 La Sportiva Baturas mountaineering boots.

I've tried on the Scarpa Maestrale in Ellis Brigham and found 28.0 too small and 29.0 to be a comfortable, if slightly roomy, fit. Again 28.5 couldn't be tried on because half-sizes are not stocked!

I'd prefer the TLT5 if they fit because they're lighter.
 smithaldo 28 Jan 2013
In reply to clams: if your scarpa boots are a close fit volume wise then tlt5s very likely wont fit at all because they are such low volume they will kill your feet across the top.

I would check out the new range of dynafit ones if you can. think they are called dynafit one? they made them more of a normal last.
In reply to clams:
> (In reply to smithaldo)
>
>
> I've tried on the Scarpa Maestrale in Ellis Brigham and found 28.0 too small and 29.0 to be a comfortable, if slightly roomy, fit. Again 28.5 couldn't be tried on because half-sizes are not stocked!
>
> I'd prefer the TLT5 if they fit because they're lighter.

Size 28 and 28,5 have the same shell size. If there is sufficient volume in the 28 shell the boot-fitter will mould the liner to your foot.

Just in case you didn't know. (Thats why shops often only stock whole boot sizes)

:-D
In reply to Daniel Armitage:

In scarpa boots 28,5 and 29 have the same shell size.

In dynafit 28 and 28,5 have the same shell size.

Sorry.
 LucaC 28 Jan 2013
In reply to clams: I'm 38.5 in Sportiva climbing shoes, 41.5 in Sportiva boots and 43 in Scarpa Phantom Guides (slightly large for toe wiggle warmth). Tried mondo 27 TLT5s and couldn't stand how tight they were.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...