UKC

shoe stretching

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lukem6 30 Jan 2013
A regular topic on here, My shoes are quarter of a size too small. I'm wearing them in at the moment.

But my question is, has any one used a shoe stretcher and did it work?
In reply to lm610:
I have one shoe stretcher on the end of each leg. 10 mins at a time for as long as it takes then gradually building up has eventually (very eventually in some cases) brought even my most disastrously optimistic purchases into usable and in some cases brilliant condition.
 turtlespit 31 Jan 2013
In reply to lm610: I read a forum post somewhere about this. Apparently the problem is stretching them a little too much in a part of the shoe you don't want stretched. Not a big deal for an all day trad pair, but would be annoying for a performance pair.

Jordon Fleming 31 Jan 2013
some one i know uses a hairdryer to heat their shoes up and then puts them on for 10 minutes. dose this a few times and he swears it stretches quicker.
 GridNorth 31 Jan 2013
In reply to lm610: I think it depends on the shoe. An unlined shoe will stretch quite a lot but I don't see how the rand can stretch so if there is lots of rubber stretching will be less effective. Similarly with lined shoes they will not stretch as much as unlined. If they are only a quarter of a size smaller than your shoe size I would just give it a bit of time to wear in naturally otherwise it would be easy to overdo it and make them useless in the longer term.
 wivanov 31 Jan 2013
In reply to lm610:

1/4 to 1/2 size is really nothing. My left foot is 1/2 size larger than my right. I've used the FootFitter Shoe Stretcher 2-Way Delux http://www.footfitter.com/p/101-001/footfitter-premium-professional-shoe-st... with good success.

In reality, it was just a faster way to get done what would have happened from just wearing the shoes.
Flat4matt 31 Jan 2013
In reply to lm610:

Mine were quarter of a size too small, Packed mine with newspaper and left for two days and offer a superb fit now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...