UKC

Petzl's new ice screws

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cameron94 06 Feb 2013
Has anyone been able to get their hands on one? Looks like a take on the BD express and turbo express but cheaper.
ice.solo 06 Feb 2013
In reply to Cameron94:

im at a show in a few weeks where they will be. not that excited tho as the current versions i find nothing special.
its not the winding handle thats the problem - for me they are hard to make stick.

never know tho, theyve produced game-changers before.
OP Cameron94 06 Feb 2013
In reply to ice.solo: Some feedback would be awesome. Either way if you think they're half decent or a bit rubbish.
ice.solo 06 Feb 2013
In reply to Cameron94:

Sure. Will say what i can. Just showroom stuff tho, not sure i will get a chance to try them out for real.
OP Cameron94 08 Feb 2013
In reply to iksander: The laser speed is the main one I'm interested in. Have you used the laser speed light?
 wilkie14c 08 Feb 2013
In reply to Cameron94: The LIM'ICE sharpening guide looks interesting
OP Cameron94 09 Feb 2013
In reply to blanchie14c: It's not cheap at £60 but it could save a heap in the long run. I've not got any screws on my rack, not that I would need to many around here.
 Pete Potter 09 Feb 2013
In reply to Cameron94: Some additional info. All 3 of these new screws have been designed with a a new drill that helps with starting but also gives a ware indicator so you can tell how far you can sharpen them.
The teeth are designed so that you don't loose length when you do sharpen them. the Laser Ice has an alloy hanger which reduces weight compared to the old Laser, about 135g and about £39. The Laser Speed is very similar but with a handle, similar weight, about 140g and about £48.00 The Laser Speed Light is the clever one as its aluminium tube with steel teeth, 100g and about £54.00. As you can see I managed to get hold of a catalogue!
 RoK 09 Feb 2013
In reply to Pete Potter:

Looks like they've gone the E-climb route of using aluminium tubes and steel teeth for their speed light range.
I take it the Petzl teeth can't be replaced like the E-climb ones?
Cheers,
R.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...