UKC

A thread for those who produce

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lost1977 13 Feb 2013
I know there are a few people on here who produce music so I thought I would start a thread where you can post up your latest tracks and works in progress, maybe even start some virtual collaborations.
here's something I was playing with earlier (needs work and somebody with working ears to check the levels)

https://soundcloud.com/lost1977/sick-beatz
ice.solo 13 Feb 2013
In reply to lost1977:

I thought this was going to be about bathroom hydroponics.
Not that i do such things.

Cant help with your question, but had a listen and i like the tune. A long cut would be cool, feels like it just gets going about 2:30 in. Nice shifts and textures. Id buy that.
Links to any more?
OP lost1977 13 Feb 2013
In reply to ice.solo:

the track isnt finished yet i suspect it will end up about 5 mins maybe 6, there should be links to other tracks further down the page
In reply to lost1977: Wouldn't this be better in "Culture bunker"?
 LaMentalist 14 Feb 2013
In reply to lost1977:

I like the cleanliness & sounds of the first track , think it could use a little more depth , subtle melodies & hooks in the background maybe ? Nice potential i would say .

2nd track is very catchy made me want to bust out some BBoy moves within 16 bars , yep like that .

Is that a bit of Floyd & E L O in the 3rd track ? love the vibes of that one , think maybe the mix could do with a little finessing , some subtle blending , really nice sounds .

Now this 4th track thats dope man love that shizzle fa rizzle , its like a lot of the stuff coming out of the French Underground scene at the moment , Quality love it .. 80) Big Smile on ... Ethereal Steps indeed Superb man !!
OP lost1977 14 Feb 2013
In reply to LaMentalist:

really pleased by the feedback

>
>
> Is that a bit of Floyd & E L O in the 3rd track ? love the vibes of that one , think maybe the mix could do with a little finessing , some subtle blending , really nice sounds .
>

the track shine does heavily use some sampling from shine on you crazy diamond
 Milesy 14 Feb 2013
I would be up for a collab (not dubstep though haha). I am good at the engineering side of it but usually lacking in musical creativity. I am good at percussion and rhythm but woefully horrible at melody and that sort of stuff. I keep meaning to go to piano lessons to pick some of that up but never get arround to it.
OP lost1977 14 Feb 2013
In reply to Milesy:

sounds like you have the skills i need
OP lost1977 14 Feb 2013
off to work now
 Simon Alden 14 Feb 2013
In reply to lost1977: How about this stuff composed / sung by my daughter more in the folk/pop genre I guess?:
youtube.com/watch?v=LeiW9TFwJmg&
or
http://www.reverbnation.com/alexalden/songs
 TheHorroffice 14 Feb 2013
In reply to lost1977:
Yeah man! Good idea, I'm hopelessly lost in Reason, could to with muchos feedback.

https://soundcloud.com/bobsuruncle-1
 LaMentalist 14 Feb 2013
In reply to coverdale:

Very cool & lovely songs , really like the first both of very high standard , impressive .
 Simon Alden 14 Feb 2013
In reply to LaMentalist: Thanks! She'll be delighted to hear your comments
In reply to lost1977: Hello, funnily enough I was thinking of starting a thread like this but for lyrics as well as music, was going to call it lyrics thread in the culture bunker or some such. My works in progress are on my profile page, these are the lyrics to hippityhop

F*ck fabulous cats, liv'in flash, lov'in cash - as for tomorrow, live rash

Can't get me working 9-5, no drive, I'll stay away, from that nose dive

Besides, I don't see the obligation to a nation, that isn't unified

Consumed with profit, can't drop it - I want no part of that demise

So I'll sit back relax, forget tax ignore what's happening in front of my eyes

Realise, there's purer things, beauty in amongst our lives

It's pretty mean, liv'in lean, floating in an abstract open dream

But in my own way, I'm just raging against this f"cking machine

Keep my mind off the money and the money off my mind - don't let it breed - this furious need

Secularise, from the hive

Keep my mind off the money and the money off my mind - don't let it breed - this wanton greed

Realign.

Just cut on back, give slack, we're not racing for the finish line

It's fine, it's quite divine - to forget about the daily grind

The prodigy of technology is there to free up most our time

Easy to see, without much change, we just got to slightly realign

Politic has lost, gone bust, can't speak the truth cast votes aloof

Consumed with image, can't bridge, reality to the pledge

So don't compromise, anarchise, visualise - there's so much more to find

Live for the dream, rage against the machine.
In reply to shaun l: I like your lyrics, are they to be sung or spoken? Song title is more of a mystery to me, unless you split it to hip pity hop
In reply to Game of Conkers: Hello, all my lyrics are either rap, or a riff then shouty line. This one is rap. The name is totally meaningless, just a made up word. I think anarchise might be a made up word too :S
OP lost1977 14 Feb 2013
In reply to coverdale:

really nice song and great voice, will forward the links on to a producer friend of mine as i have a feeling he might be interested in working with her
OP lost1977 14 Feb 2013
In reply to shaun l:

fancy throwing some acapella's my way i might well have some beats for you
 Milesy 14 Feb 2013
In reply to lost1977:

I emailed you mine to listen to. Can't post it up just now as I am sending it to a few Techno labels.
 alooker 14 Feb 2013
In reply to lost1977: I'm a mix engineer based in London if you ever need any professional work doing, sure we could work out some cheap downtime for a fellow climber!
OP lost1977 14 Feb 2013
In reply to Milesy:

listening to it now, i like and its sounding good on my monitors
 Milesy 14 Feb 2013
In reply to alooker:
> (In reply to lost1977) I'm a mix engineer based in London if you ever need any professional work doing, sure we could work out some cheap downtime for a fellow climber!

Do you stem mix & master as well? I like to get my stuff mastered afterwards. If so can you PM me your rates please?
 Milesy 14 Feb 2013
In reply to lost1977:

Nice one. As I said, not massively musically creative but I put the effort into the engineering side of it.
In reply to lost1977: Cheers dude, starting a new band tomorrow, if that goes tits up I'll drop you a line
 Simon Alden 14 Feb 2013
In reply to lost1977: Thanks very much...I think she has great potential so hopefully we can take things further
OP lost1977 15 Feb 2013
In reply to TheHorroffice:
> (In reply to lost1977)
> Yeah man! Good idea, I'm hopelessly lost in Reason, could to with muchos feedback.
>
> https://soundcloud.com/bobsuruncle-1

somehow missed this but just having a listen now, some awesome sounds but remind me never to be in a dark alleyway alone with you
In reply to lost1977: Braving the slings and arrows of outrageous UKC..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2vEcyzu7ME8#!

The overture to my "Dartmoor Suite"; symphony (no 2) for electronica, choir and chamber orchestra. Images and music by me.

Very much a work in progress.
 LaMentalist 15 Feb 2013
> (In reply to lost1977)
> Yeah man! Good idea, I'm hopelessly lost in Reason, could to with muchos feedback.
>
> https://soundcloud.com/bobsuruncle-1

Hey I'm really liking the 4our & 6ix tracks love the deep grooves of 4our & 6ix reminds of some early Teho Teardo stuff i think hes a genius some of his film scores are beautiful ...
good stuff dude .
> (In reply to lost1977)
>

All my stuff is done initially in reason, it's a great tool for composing.

There are hundreds of good tutorials on youtube for reason, you will not go far wrong looking there.
 TheHorroffice 16 Feb 2013
In reply to stroppygob:
Cheers guys! Yeah Youtube has been my faithful guide so far, though sitting listening to dopey stoner hiphop producers drone on and on is not a great way to spend a weekend. Probably explains the dreary nature of some of my tunes! Just starting to learn how to use the samplers and its making a BIG difference.

I tried to use Ableton but could not get my head round it at all. Anyone use it?
OP lost1977 16 Feb 2013
In reply to stroppygob:

listened to this when you posted it before and i like, nice to see you have it up on youtube now
 LaMentalist 16 Feb 2013
In reply to stroppygob:

> The overture to my "Dartmoor Suite"; symphony (no 2) for electronica, choir and chamber orchestra. Images and music by me.
>
> Very much a work in progress.

Was this done in reason StroppyG ? Really like the idea , sounds used not sure if the pics do it justice though , especially like the last half & think this could evolve into something wonderful .

Nic 16 Feb 2013

http://soundcloud.com/priabonia

...is my ambient incarnation (first two tracks are covers, go down to "Tree..." for the original stuff

http://soundcloud.com/just-before-dawn

...is the space rock alter ego (a la Ozric Tentacles), hope to be uploading one more to this sometime soon, if I can ever get the mix right!

Nic
In reply to LaMentalist:

Thank you. Yes, that was all done in Reason, if I remember rightly I had about 60 samplers stacked when doing that.

You are right about the images, I whacked them on with little care just to have something to show, I should revisit that.

I may do a similar thing for my more recent stuff, and take a bit more care.

Here's more of my malarkey (dropbox download);

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xaij31dcldob10z/Dartmoor%20ambient.rar

All done in Reason and fine tuned in Audition
 LaMentalist 16 Feb 2013
In reply to stroppygob:

Cool I'll check this out very soon Stroppy nice one cheers dude .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...