UKC

Warming and drying ski boots camping in a van

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Murg 19 Feb 2013
Any tips on the above please what kit have people tried?
 DANNYdjb 19 Feb 2013
In reply to Murg:
If you have ac, put that and recirculate on.
The evaporator in the ac system is cold and any moisture condenses on it and drains outside from the vans atmosphere, therefore aiding drying.
it works a treat in my van.

dan
 dave frost 19 Feb 2013
In reply to Murg: I reckon if your kit gets really soaked your best off getting s locker for the night for about 5 euros.

They have them in argentiere and theyre great, warmish air blasting through all the lockers 24/7

Cheers
Dave
 DaveHK 19 Feb 2013
In reply to Murg:

If there's no option for getting them heated then stuff 'em with newspaper overnight.
 top cat 19 Feb 2013
In reply to Murg:

I carry a spare pair of liners...................
 Cuthbert 19 Feb 2013
In reply to Murg:

I use some heater things I got from Amazon. Plug them into your inverter and away you go. Of course you need a leisure battery to run the inverter off of.
In reply to Murg: You could sleep with your liners in your bag?

We spent a couple of nights in my van in Kandersteg and sat with the engine one and dried out our gear on the heaters. Probably would have been cheaper to pay for somewhere to dry it.... (but it worked)
 peas65 20 Feb 2013
In reply to Murg: Fit a propex heater? we are just fitting one in our van, with a bit of newspaper or those balls that suck up water they should be ok the next day.
 Frank4short 20 Feb 2013
In reply to Murg: MTFU.....
 woolsack 20 Feb 2013
In reply to Murg: Three pairs of ski boots in the back of my camper were a complete pain in the backside this year, next year they're getting dumped in the cab overnight
 hexcentric 20 Feb 2013
In reply to Murg:

Fill em full of rice in a set of tights?

Pure speculation but could work, And then you get breakfast half done in the morning...
 hexcentric 20 Feb 2013
In reply to hexcentric:

or if you can find one in the uk; http://www.peetshoedryer.com/product_propane.html
Have heard good things.
paraffin 20 Feb 2013
In reply to hexcentric:
> (In reply to Murg)
>
> Fill em full of rice in a set of tights?
>
> Pure speculation but could work, And then you get breakfast half done in the morning...

Gorgonzola flavoured rice - lovely!

I prefer to use the 2.0 ltr diesel engine - which I almost always have to hand, when I want to dry my boots.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...