UKC

Easybus with a crashpad

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Frenchfinesse 28 Feb 2013
Hello,

I intend to go to Luton airport on an Easybus and I was wondering if anyone had already taken a crashpad on board one of these buses (the ones going to Luton are the biggest ones). It is not very clear on the Easybus website and I have seen very strict (to remain polite) bus drivers with Easybus so I wanted to make sure I would not have any trouble with my crashpad.

Neil Williams 28 Feb 2013
In reply to Frenchfinesse:

By easybus do you mean the minibus from west London about which I have heard nothing good whatsoever, or their selling of cheap seats on the Greenline coach from Victoria? If the former, I can see there being issues, it's only a small bus. If the latter it's a huge 15m three axle coach with proper lockers underneath so only a true jobsworth is likely to have an issue.

Neil
aultguish 01 Mar 2013
Phone them up, tell them you have an item that measures (L,W,H) and if they say its ok, get the full name, location and department of the person that you are speaking to for ref.
Good luck.
Frenchfinesse 04 Mar 2013
In reply to Frenchfinesse: Thank you for your answers. It is indeed a coach from the Greenline so it should be fine hopefully. We will call them up to make sure.
 Neil Williams 04 Mar 2013

Actually operated by Arriva, for what it's worth. There are two companies providing service under the Greenline brand, Arriva and First - that'll be why the website is a bit generic.

http://www.greenline.co.uk/contact-arriva/
http://www.greenline.co.uk/talk-to-green-line/

Neil
 Neil Williams 04 Mar 2013
In reply to Neil Williams:

By the way:-

"Is there a limit to the size or amount of luggage I can take?

On the coach services all luggage is stored in the hold of the vehicle and as long as the driver is able to load the item then we can carry it. You may need to assist with the loading of larger or heavier items. If the area for luggage is full then you would have to wait for the next service in order to travel. On the Green Line 724, the vehicle is a bus with a dedicated area for luggage so suitcases are fine but large items, for example surfboards, skis, golf clubs, will only be allowed at the discretion of the driver."

It's not the 724, so it sounds like you are OK, unless there is an odd stipulation on easyBus cheapo tickets specifically (if there is, just buy a normal Greenline ticket instead).

Neil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...