UKC

How to warm up for a beastmaker 2000?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Elliot Walker 13 Mar 2013
I have started training on a beastmaker 2000 at home, but I find that I am never fully warm before starting properly, which is obviously a bad idea. Just wondering what other people do to warm up for a fingerboard session at home.
 Lord_ash2000 13 Mar 2013
In reply to Shawty: I have one of those little grip master things and one of those cheapo hand grip trainers. I just do loads of quick reps on those to get some blood flowing and warm myself up, then normaly a few small sets of pull ups on the jugs of the beastermaker before then gradually building up to harder things.
 is2 13 Mar 2013
In reply to Shawty: I use a "spikey" to warm up and increase circulation to my fingers before and after using Beastmaker, board or doing weighted hangs. This has been very effective in reducing injury. I warm up big muscle groups by doing push and pull ups... gradually moving from supporting my weight to one or two complete pullups (using a pull up bar that fits into a door frame if in the house). If I use my Beastmaker with my board I include 15 mins easy problems on big holds on the board first and then pull on with medium sized crimps a few times.
 Fraser 13 Mar 2013
In reply to is2:

> I use a "spikey" to warm up and increase circulation to my fingers ...

Pardon my ignorance....but what's a spikey?
 is2 13 Mar 2013
In reply to Fraser: Its a sprung metal ring that you roll up and down each finger. Based upon acupuncture rings. You can get them at Eden Rock in Carlisle, possibly also the Depot in Leeds / Nottingham, climbnewcastle and Sunderland climbing wall.
 kwoods 13 Mar 2013
In reply to Shawty: I have a few juggy doorframes in my house, so these help. I also begin using the biggest holds on the Beastmaker (middle tier centre one and middle tier outer one/s) and doing some pull ups.

Got a warm up from a cousin who's into sword fighting of some sort. He recommended flicking your fingers out from a closed grip, really pushing the fingers out, 30 times in a row, 3 times to make 90. Hell of a pump by the end, I was surprised.
 Si dH 13 Mar 2013
In reply to Shawty:
10 second.hang off big slopers, 10 chinups on jugs (i have a simulator as well.as the bm2000) jog on the spot a bit, quick 20 pressups, then a 10-20 second hang on the good crimps, then usually a few 3 finger repeaters on the good crimps before going to 2 fingers or and thinner holds.
 leon 13 Mar 2013
In reply to Shawty:
I found the best thing was to put a chair in-front of the door frame. Then hang for a while moving around the larger holds with your feet on the chair. It takes me about 5 minutes of this to warm-up.
OP Elliot Walker 13 Mar 2013
In reply to is2:

This really intrigues me, don't suppose you have a photo?

Also thanks for the replies, this is all really good advice!
 is2 14 Mar 2013
In reply to Shawty:
> (In reply to is2)
>
> This really intrigues me, don't suppose you have a photo?
>
> Also thanks for the replies, this is all really good advice!

There is a face book page facebook.com/spikymassager. If you search for it there is a spiky picture viewable without going into facebook. I've had one for a year or so now and it is brilliant for warming up and also really eases any aches after climbing hard.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...